What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Al11

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
Decided to start tackling some of my car's many stonechips.

First attempt, pretty happy. Far from flawless but not terrible.

Attachments

• 20200117_100611.jpg
    20200117_100611.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200117_100753.jpg
    20200117_100753.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 95

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I've had mine up near 100mph on track and haven't noticed anything I would describe as floaty? What's it doing?

It's not exactly floaty but the I can notice a bit of wobble left and right

possibly something to do with the geometry as it was aligned after I stuck in the Z3 rack in and I did notice there was a difference between left and right

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
It's not exactly floaty but the I can notice a bit of wobble left and right

possibly something to do with the geometry as it was aligned after I stuck in the Z3 rack in and I did notice there was a difference between left and right

Did you check the wheel and rack where centred?
I didn't do that the first time 😂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Did you check the wheel and rack where centred?
I didn't do that the first time 😂

Had help from our mechanics with the rack so I'm hoping it's in correctly, it drives fine but the wheel isn't on straight so will likely need another alignment, but I'll be getting camber plates so I can fit the strut bar.

Probably just feels different as it's the first car I've had where there's no power sent to the front wheels

FrankXK8

RMS Regular
Drives
XKR
Spent a nice couple of hours replacing the door latch on the driver's door of my motor, it was working intermittently and at other times would only close and latch with a good bang. Steadily getting worse. Bit of a faff to get at, had to take the window glass and guides out. But working great now.

And on the passenger door, replaced the door module - the window would go up and then down again, and repeat that a few times before giving up. This one came with an error code, B117E. the manual saying that it's an actuator stuck open and the only fix being a new module.

So after fitting a new module and buttoning everything up, the car has a new code, U2100 "Initial configuration not complete". So the ultimate kick in the balls - after all the hard work is done, it still has to go to the dealer to get the new module coded to the car.

IMG20200101143546.jpg

IMG20200103111300.jpg

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
So I bought this car if November and had not towbar fitted so brand new one bought for £80 and fitted it this morning in 2hrs and testing out the bike rack as never had one like this before it's not to bad for costing £10

IMG_20200118_122944.jpg

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Extracted the battery from the Touareg. 2nd time I've had to do this from the drivers seat due to the battery being as flat as a pancake. Plus this time the passenger side is parked tight to a fence so two reasons it wasn't possible to do from that side : unamused:
IMG_0749.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Extracted the battery from the Touareg. 2nd time I've had to do this from the drivers seat due to the battery being as flat as a pancake. Plus this time the passenger side is parked tight to a fence so two reasons it wasn't possible to do from that side : unamused:
View attachment 263040

Same spot in the Cayenne. Had a very nice man from theaa swap mine in for a new Bosch S5 for £35, which was nice. Looked like a bit of a pain in the arse.

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
^got rid of ours a few years ago for the exact same reason.

No one could ever find out what was causing it.

Mines only went flat due to being Sorned and not being used. Years ago I did have a very basic wiring adaptor for the after market head unit I had fitted which caused the battery to drain if the car wasn't used for a few days. I replaced the wiring adaptor for a Canbus one and that solved that problem. Hopefully this battery will recharge to enable me to move the car off the drive and into my daughters garage and I have removed the head unit to minimise any drain of power

Same spot in the Cayenne. Had a very nice man from theaa swap mine in for a new Bosch S5 for £35, which was nice. Looked like a bit of a pain in the arse.

@Coog it is not too bad a job. Like I say I've done it twice now from the drivers seat and it takes no more than an hour. The only special tool needed is an M10 spline bit to remove the two bolts at the front of the seat to enable it to hinge back. Otherwise all you need is a 10mm and 13mm socket and a large flat head screwdriver. It's certainly a job well within your capabilities

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
@Coog it is not too bad a job. Like I say I've done it twice now from the drivers seat and it takes no more than an hour. The only special tool needed is an M10 spline bit to remove the two bolts at the front of the seat to enable it to hinge back. Otherwise all you need is a 10mm and 13mm socket and a large flat head screwdriver. It's certainly a job well within your capabilities

Yep but it's cold outside :joy:

The AA fella said it's actually a great place for a battery as it's not seeing the swings of temperature that one under the bonnet would see