What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
74D90B93-A87F-453B-933D-C6BAEBA03992.jpeg

Changed the dials in the car and enabled a few things on Carista. Start stop button now pulses etc. Small things but still love it.

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Yeah, there's another set to come out of another car here and they will be in a worse state (20 years old probably). Not entirely sure refurbishment is viable looking at them.

Figuring that new shocks, lowering springs and top mounts will be about half the price of replacement coilovers so may just have to continue on with that avenue.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oh, after a bit of searching I found this which might help:

Have sent an enquiry, will let you know what they say Gav. Can see me opting for Meister R's or something as Tein prices can be scary (although the refurb prices on that page aren't TOO bad).

Today I learned that theres a break-in period for shock absorbers lol

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Changed the dials in the car and enabled a few things on Carista. Start stop button now pulses etc. Small things but still love it.
Carista is great! I don't understand the parts where you have 1, 2 or 3 of the same setting

Ive changed a right few. Handiest one is the auto handbrake release for the Audi.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Bought Vgate iCar adapter for the e92 M3 to use with BimmerCode....

Anyone know where (greater Belfast) does the iDrive Combox /connectedDrive upgrades for the additional features like Street view etc ?

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Brakes replaced, calipers tidied and waxoil applied as the Dynax UC wouldn't spray properly...

20200617_130453.jpg

Felt like I'd struck feckin oil. So much mess. Had to clean my arms with brake cleaner. Don't even want to think what the garage floor is like. Will buy the UC in aerosols before I go through that clabber again lol

20200619_163544.jpg

20200619_163619.jpg

20200619_163634.jpg

Letting it set a bit then firing Bilt hamber S50 into the cavities like sills, chassis legs, etc.

Then wheels on next week and GTFO for a spin!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Oh, after a bit of searching I found this which might help:

Have sent an enquiry, will let you know what they say Gav. Can see me opting for Meister R's or something as Tein prices can be scary (although the refurb prices on that page aren't TOO bad).

Cheers mate. That’s good info there also, thanks. Not even sure what type are in the Mx5 lol. Let me know if they get back to you (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Brakes replaced, calipers tidied and waxoil applied as the Dynax UC wouldn't spray properly...

View attachment 284135

Felt like I'd struck feckin oil. So much mess. Had to clean my arms with brake cleaner. Don't even want to think what the garage floor is like. Will buy the UC in aerosols before I go through that clabber again lol

View attachment 284136

View attachment 284137

View attachment 284138

Letting it set a bit then firing Bilt hamber S50 into the cavities like sills, chassis legs, etc.

Then wheels on next week and GTFO for a spin!

Did it once years ago. Never again. Awful awful job and it takes forever to do it properly.

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Lessons learnt - the front half of the car had fairly good access and I could brush the UC on nice and neat. It's cured and looks fairly decent. Back half of the car looks like a grenade went off in a bucket of waste oil :laughing:

Cleaned things up a little today, will resume the final rustproofing on Monday I think. Least that's one done!