@Lyons not yet but watching the auction houses is a new sport for me

@Laundrymike depends if they came in yellow 😂

Do itttttt
71aa3571598c5209b65d097a5459720c.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Dug it out for the last dregs of sun shine. Then found it managed to seize a brake caliper in between MOT two weeks ago and today. So another job to do.
IMG_20200914_095751.jpg

Found out that @Ghisallo was right and it does have isofix in the back. Just took a bit of poking. No more wrestling with belt locking seats...

IMG_20200914_095835.jpg

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Dug it out for the last dregs of sun shine. Then found it managed to seize a brake caliper in between MOT two weeks ago and today. So another job to do.
View attachment 295221

Found out that @Ghisallo was right and it does have isofix in the back. Just took a bit of poking. No more wrestling with belt locking seats...

View attachment 295222

Nice! Looks well. I’ve failed the odd MoT or two with sticky rear callipers.

I might get mine out tomorrow before it’s Sorned for the foreseeable future (drivers window dropped, electronic boot release not opening, suspicious rattling from the engine, a disappeared aircon belt, and abs and traction earring lights illuminated...).

Not that you need it now, but here’s the page from the manual about the rear isofix

B4B30F3B-FC82-43E6-9F81-09E926B54733.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice! Looks well. I’ve failed the odd MoT or two with sticky rear callipers.

I might get mine out tomorrow before it’s Sorned for the foreseeable future (drivers window dropped, electronic boot release not opening, suspicious rattling from the engine, a disappeared aircon belt, and abs and traction earring lights illuminated...).

Not that you need it now, but here’s the page from the manual about the rear isofix

View attachment 295238

I did notice one rear wheel was slightly dustier than the rest, so it's probably been like that a while and sitting for a bit has made it worse.

Re the boot release - mine did the same. Well similar - would only open on the remote key button. Stripped the carpet off the boot lid and noticed that there's a microswitch on the lock itself which wasn't functioning. Unplugged it and the handle and button working fine. Presumably it's an override for the physical key lock. Anyway, worth a check - think it took 10 mins. The rest of the problems might be more serious especially engine lol.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Booked the Tiguan in to get a scuff painted.

Also made an appointment to view another tomorrow. Too hastily no doubt, but I’ve no patience.

Reactions: Ben

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Spent today giving the Focus a good clean. I am sure the skills of properly cleaning a car have long since changed, but it was a long day, and thankfully should see it do for a while.
Washed (Usual - articulate, laser and gleam), purge and tarminator, clayed, compound, polished and waxed. Even had the tail lights out to clean under them. The result
E9D6D894-39F7-4730-8C92-069984DCCB6E.jpeg
802D9705-8592-49FF-A444-0165C834AB85.jpeg
2DA6BB3C-547A-469D-8003-852091418ACD.jpeg