What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

J55NI

RMS Regular
I just wasn't happy with the quality of the finish or the fact he missed a crack on one of the wheels and went ahead with painting them.

Mine had runs and dirt in the paint from collection but was told that was "Normal" when i pointed it out. Less than 12 months later bubbling and blisters in the paint. No cleaning chemicals used on them at all. I will be trying cobra customs next time personally.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Got the z4 back from the mechanic after an eye watering amount of work lol let's home for some sun now!

Have you a members thread on the z4?
Did you start with a cheap one to make it good or just get stung a bit?
Looked at them a few times myself but prices were all over the place for no obvious reason!
Should’ve just made the one post to start with but anyway here’s a few photos.View attachment 296217
I drove to Cushendall caves, as soon I left a load of people from the tour bus were walking in so timed that wellView attachment 296218
Took the Torr Head road back. Fantastic views but very narrow, the 208 even felt big on itView attachment 296219View attachment 296220

The caves are in Cushendun mate, you'd get lynched round here for saying otherwise 😂

Next time you're down eat in McBrides, good food, and they've a game of thrones door if you're into that kinda thing 👍🏻

Zach57

RMS Regular
Have you a members thread on the z4?
Did you start with a cheap one to make it good or just get stung a bit?
Looked at them a few times myself but prices were all over the place for no obvious reason!

The caves are in Cushendun mate, you'd get lynched round here for saying otherwise 😂

Next time you're down eat in McBrides, good food, and they've a game of thrones door if you're into that kinda thing 👍🏻
it’s a good job I didn’t talk to anyone 😂😂
Thanks, ill definitely stop by McBrides

Sweet Fantastic

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche Cayman S
  • Picked up Cayman S from George McMillan. H&R Springs and spacers.

• 007.jpg
  • SAM_2736.JPG
  • SAM_2740.JPG
  • Plasti Dipped script on boot lid to matte black
  • 006.jpg
  • 005.jpg

• SAM_2747.JPG
  • Updated sounds
  • SAM_2744.JPG

• SAM_2745.JPG

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Blew an air spring on driver front :worried:

Away to mechanics to get brakes all round inc oil and filter change. Adding in strut and air spring to his list lol

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S

Looks brilliant on the springs now, great stance. Also it's hard to beat CarPlay, nice wee unit that.

My heart was in my mouth when I saw the Plasti-dip, I thought we were gonna have another "Plasti-cote" mix up incident 8o|

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I did this to my old RS200.... Be prepared for vibrations..... Lots and lots of vibrations. Didn't bother me too much but literally everybody else who sat in the car complained.

Yeah have read that the upper mount can give some vibrations, but that's the boys that daily them saying that. I use it to throw round the back roads and track so hopefully can live with it.
Need to have some sort of stability in there as the engine rocks on these and breaks the manifold flexis over time.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Yeah have read that the upper mount can give some vibrations, but that's the boys that daily them saying that. I use it to throw round the back roads and track so hopefully can live with it.

I was doing 10k+ per year. I just told the mates to man up! I coped daily for over 3 years with them.

Need to have some sort of stability in there as the engine rocks on these and breaks the manifold flexis over time.

The exact reason I did mine. You can feel the gear box move when you accelerate the engine/box moves that much.

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
I was looking at a set of those too for mine, it’d be a nice grey or silver for me.

Yea, the speedline corse’s I have on currently are grey so want to go down different route. Gold would be different but it may clash a little too much. Silver would be the safer option and guaranteed to look good.