What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Zach57

RMS Regular
For all the safety regulations these days, they build cars with super bright drl that are always on, dashes that always light up and expect people to think about their back lights.
I don’t know if it’s a regulation or if it’s on other cars but any Citroen that has come out in the past 3 years has the taillights always on with the drl. It should’ve been like that from the start with drl

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I am nearly sure Volvo and Saab always had the rears on with the sidelights always being on back in the good old days before blindingly bright led stuff!

I think the issue at the minute is made worse with the use of lcd screens for speedos etc making people think their lights are on.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I am nearly sure Volvo and Saab always had the rears on with the sidelights always being on back in the good old days before blindingly bright led stuff!

I think the issue at the minute is made worse with the use of lcd screens for speedos etc making people think their lights are on.
A lot of them had the dipped beam on all the time, go through more bulbs with them, but apparantly was down to research showing less accidents when lights on during the day even. I was going to get reprogrammed, but then was told that I would need to inform insurance company etc so have just left it.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Other halfs car seemed quite dim, spotted a headlight out while behind another car so included some bulbs in the shop and fitted them in a few mins. Not hard to swap yet there's countless people driving about with lights outView attachment 302045
Some modern stuff is a nightmare to change, most folks would have to go to mechanic!

eamon343

RMS Regular
A lot of them had the dipped beam on all the time, go through more bulbs with them, but apparantly was down to research showing less accidents when lights on during the day even. I was going to get reprogrammed, but then was told that I would need to inform insurance company etc so have just left it.

I think it may have been the rules in Scandinavia that lights always need to be on, so thats how they built them. I think

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Some modern stuff is a nightmare to change, most folks would have to go to mechanic!

A Hyundai Terracan beat me one day. Guy had to go to the dealer to get it sorted. Instead of using decent bulbs he gave them a set he bought in poundland and they blew again about 3 weeks later 😂

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Gave my wife's cousins car a pre-sale clean and machine for her.

20201115_155643.jpg

20201115_155709.jpg

20201115_155914.jpg

IMG_2020-11-13_22-52-49.JPG

IMG_2020-11-13_19-46-15.JPG

IMG_2020-11-15_14-06-49.JPG

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Thanks bud, was up a week and a half and sold to first viewer.
@ruairi83 did you leave the dtuk box in it when you sold it?

I don’t know if it’s a regulation or if it’s on other cars but any Citroen that has come out in the past 3 years has the taillights always on with the drl. It should’ve been like that from the start with drl
I've my A6 set so the front dipped are drls along with factory drls, also the rear lights aswell. I always drove with my lights on anyway. But when I put my light on the 'on' position I couldn't make use of the lights when locking and unlocking the car. Has to on the auto position for them to work

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
@ruairi83 did you leave the dtuk box in it when you sold it?

I've my A6 set so the front dipped are drls along with factory drls, also the rear lights aswell. I always drove with my lights on anyway. But when I put my light on the 'on' position I couldn't make use of the lights when locking and unlocking the car. Has to on the auto position for them to work
My car was remapped and had DTUK pedal box, I left the pedal box in it for new owner.

i still haven’t fitted the Pedal box for wife’s Q3 🙄 Hopefully do it this week as should have time
I it’s not staying I will message you!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Other halfs car seemed quite dim, spotted a headlight out while behind another car so included some bulbs in the shop and fitted them in a few mins. Not hard to swap yet there's countless people driving about with lights outView attachment 302045

MJs motor blew a headlight bulb during the week and then on Saturday blew the other one too! Changed both yesterday inside 5 mins but was annoyed as the ones that blew were Philips Racing Vision bulbs about 3 months old!

The weird thing is I threw two cheapy spares I had in the shed into it and the light output is wayyyyyyy better! Last time I'll be spending £20 on Philips bulbs.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
MJs motor blew a headlight bulb during the week and then on Saturday blew the other one too! Changed both yesterday inside 5 mins but was annoyed as the ones that blew were Philips Racing Vision bulbs about 3 months old!

The weird thing is I threw two cheapy spares I had in the shed into it and the light output is wayyyyyyy better! Last time I'll be spending £20 on Philips bulbs.

To be fair I usually get the likes of osram or Phillips for myself but the Tesco ones were fine for her car, I would always change both at once as if one goes the other won't be far behind

The 328 has projectors for the halogen bulbs and the Phillips extreme I had in it were brilliant for night driving. Would be nice to compare side by side but tbh I cba 🙈

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I think it may have been the rules in Scandinavia that lights always need to be on, so thats how they built them. I think
Sounds about right, down to less accidents. Means I do headlight bulbs at least once a year on big Volvo, easy done though.

e320mark

RMS Regular
Who says white doesn’t shine! Good wash & a coat of hybrid works wonders!

Attachments

• 89469E7D-EAF3-4095-B63C-B3EC24712AEA.jpeg
    89469E7D-EAF3-4095-B63C-B3EC24712AEA.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 53F8A931-09CC-49C6-9B22-6688F1695DE6.jpeg
    53F8A931-09CC-49C6-9B22-6688F1695DE6.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 90A204E1-2512-47FD-8D50-C4C35EB52EF7.jpeg
    90A204E1-2512-47FD-8D50-C4C35EB52EF7.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 50

Gemma

RMS Regular
@DaddyC as much as i wanted a rx7... I couldn't do it.... Seeing how many was sat in the auction houses with blown motors just killed It for me.

Eta is 2nd feb but im thinking closer to April until i can lift it

@gary1365
Im done with yellow. It can stay with the bmw saga of my life 😂

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Cabin filter, quick and easy job on the S4, old OEM filter wasn't too bad actually but needed changing. New filter in with a quick spray of air freshener too. New reverse LEDs (occasionally fire up error on canbus) and numberplate LEDs tomorrow.
View attachment 302648

I thought the S4 took a carbon activated pollen filter like below. Part no: 8K0 819 439 B

217FD872-D090-412D-A918-26C59B7A4094.jpeg

The reverse LED error can be coded out of car with VCDS as I did it to old car as most of the LED reverse bulbs bring errors, even know listed as error free. 5mins job. If your ever down near me I could do it for you. Satisfying getting the wee jobs done yourself.