What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Fitted a new R32 inner light as one was faulty and company sent new one. Installed new parcelshelf string with ball (£10) - then found the old one in the footwell under spare wheel 😔

Quick wash and tyre slick. Actually can’t wait to get back to work tomorrow to be driving it!

2A4B38AE-74CF-4D8C-AE59-1B4742D69C5C.jpeg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
IMG_20210110_145827.jpg

Moved the golf into the better garage (ie has electrics and lights 😂) and started cutting bits out of the engine bay that won't be kept. Need to take the dash out before going further to make sure all the sound deadening is out to avoid a fire when cutting / welding.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Not really done it yet and no pics of car yet as it in getting bushes but made a start at fitting the sub. Had enough carpet to wrap the box but waiting on more coming to do the floor
20210112_131531.jpg

Then lights arrived so got them fitted and hooked up to a dewalt 12v battery
20210112_175943.jpg

Hopefully get it carpeted and into the car over the weekend

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
More home DIY during lockdown

Range Rover always had an intermittent power supply to battery. turns out is was a duff alternator, water cooled alternator at that :worried:

An hour on YouTube and talked myself into doing it myself

Week later .... + VAT lol

New alternator fitted
New v belt
New tensioner and idler pulley
New water pump pulley (dont ask)
New coolant and bled the system

Now anyone who knows me knows I cant do jack to cars, but got it all sorted and the cars running quiet and no more battery flash on the dash.

Soon to be washed so I can oogle at it some more.

Even though ive fixed alot and future proofed alot I still love the thing. Just clicked over 73500 miles so very low.

On the hunt for some updated 20's ...

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Collected it!

Wasn't too sure about logistics, didn't want to fly over and deal with planes and trains, plus Aberdeen has no direct flights. Wife was then going to drive her car over and we'd take the 2 of them back, minimising contact with anyone, but expensive that way and takes a lot of time.

Turns out it was much cheaper getting it trailered down to Cairnryan, so foot passenger across, lifted it and same ferry home again. And yes I'm key worker, need car for work, etc, and courtesy car will be going back soon so justified the travel easily enough.

Will take photos once cleaned tomorrow, stinking from the trailer journey down.

20210115_184640.jpg

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Collected it!

Wasn't too sure about logistics, didn't want to fly over and deal with planes and trains, plus Aberdeen has no direct flights. Wife was then going to drive her car over and we'd take the 2 of them back, minimising contact with anyone, but expensive that way and takes a lot of time.

Turns out it was much cheaper getting it trailered down to Cairnryan, so foot passenger across, lifted it and same ferry home again. And yes I'm key worker, need car for work, etc, and courtesy car will be going back soon so justified the travel easily enough.

View attachment 308880

Looks nice, but she'll not be much good for herding cows round the field! :joy:

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Collected it!

View attachment 308880
Did you get the watch and luggage with it as well?

looking forward to pics.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Did you get the watch and luggage with it as well?

looking forward to pics.

No unfortunately, he didn't have them. I'm going to chase original owner and see if they're still kicking about, would be good to have if even just to make the complete set.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks nice, but she'll not be much good for herding cows round the field! :joy:

Everyone seems to think that. Would probably want to swap the wheels / tyres out but otherwise they're actually very well sorted for the rough stuff.

Every bit as capable as the L322, loses out on a few mm of clearance and think the approach and departure angles are slightly less but then better in other areas like wading depth, dry sumped, etc.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
wife has took a notion for an a class next, what do you (her) think of them.

Nice to drive and goes really well. The 180 and 200 are a smaller engine and you’ve to Rev it a lot more to make it go anywhere. That’s why we went for the 220. (Couldn’t talk her into the A45 😂)

The AMG line is nicely finished inside. You’ll see the difference in the digital dash is massive from lower

Biggest thing would put me off is Merc Belfast.

Check likes of orange wheels as they matched the price of a dealer in England mind you.