What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I insured this absolute rod of an aygo for the dirty salty winter roads. I've never taken a photo of it nor do I ever plan to, but it photobomed the long 750 one time.
Changed the brake fluid in it today. Few other things to do to it before it takes over
20210612_215057.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Go on, shine a light on the Aygo in recognition for the work it’ll do this winter! Unsung heroes need love too

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Final season drives (quick blasts) for both NSX and S2K and now declared SORN. Both filled up with SUL at 150.9 per litre, so £120+ spent to lie in the respective petrol tanks over the winter months (n):mad:. Fortunately there was fuel in each tank else the bill would have been even worse :worried:

Next job is to give them a proper wash down and cover up

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Final season drives (quick blasts) for both NSX and S2K and now declared SORN. Both filled up with SUL at 150.9 per litre, so £120+ spent to lie in the respective petrol tanks over the winter months (n):mad:. Fortunately there was fuel in each tank else the bill would have been even worse :worried:

Next job is to give them a proper wash down and cover up
Just curious. But is it not better to leave them empty? Or why full?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Just curious. But is it not better to leave them empty? Or why full?
When going into storage for the winter always felt it was an effective approach to fully fill the tank with high octane fuel. The larger volume of fuel will degrade much slower over time than a small amount of fuel left at the bottom of the tank and this will hopefully not cause issues with the fuel systems in either cars and more importantly when I go to use them again !

Been doing it for years and never had any problems. I’m sure people will beg to differ but just something I was told by people I would trust.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Been sat at my office in Dublin for 2 weeks since getting my work car, drove home today picked my dad up turned round went back and my dad drove it home for me. 6 return trips to Dublin this week (2 today 🤢😴)
View attachment 340842

What car did work give you? The 3states are good wagons, I hope it hasn't been replaced with a Kia or something

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What car did work give you? The 3states are good wagons, I hope it hasn't been replaced with a Kia or something

2017 Toyota Auris commercial (had a hard life 😂) like an Irish DLA car with company logos on, its been christened the Auravan. Will keep the 3 series for the dog, maybe change it next year.

brendy

RMS Regular
I used maps and files from the A5OC forum as they have a fairly comprehensive set of threads for mmi 3G basic,high and plus models. Getting the correct activator and the sheer amount of hours it takes if you're badly out if date. Firmware is quicker. Maps are slow.
To speed things along I bought two new class ten 32gb SD cards (not micro SD in caddy's) and a month's subs to mega downloads (less than a fiver) otherwise you hit daily free quota limits. Nav files alone are 30gb or so.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
9506E70D-F08A-4E61-884D-07AA09C739D3.jpeg

Used it to throw old concrete into it. Hasn’t been washed in weeks and can’t see it being washed to you can’t read the number plate.