What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
812D8936-4439-44FB-BDDA-24873700575F.jpeg

Gave it the final wash before putting it for sale. I am genuinely impressed at how well the paintwork held up with the ceramic coating on it. Hardly any swirl marks on it for 2 1/2 year old.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Who did it? I’ve actually been looking into it this week in my A6.

Edit- holy crap, just noticed your avatar! When did you get that?! Merlin Purple RS6 is the ultimate family wagon!

Reactions: Cro

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, after I posted that I just thought I bet you did it yourself!

Is yours a prefacelift? Where did you get the file?

There’s a couple of folk that can do it remotely for circa £140, but I might be tempted to DIY if I could be sure I had the right file.

Cro

RMS Regular
Lol, after I posted that I just thought I bet you did it yourself!

Is yours a prefacelift? Where did you get the file?

There’s a couple of folk that can do it remotely for circa £140, but I might be tempted to DIY if I could be sure I had the right file.
Mines a facelift. Vag is all new to me but the owners fb group checked the right file for me, the rest was grand. Tbh once you have the files I don’t see why anyone would need to do it remotely for you bar to justify their cost.

Download files, unzip, place onto sd card, go through red menu, upload, wait, press enter, job jobbed… until it bricks your mmi I guess 😂

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Mines a facelift. Vag is all new to me but the owners fb group checked the right file for me, the rest was grand. Tbh once you have the files I don’t see why anyone would need to do it remotely for you bar to justify their cost.

Download files, unzip, place onto sd card, go through red menu, upload, wait, press enter, job jobbed… until it bricks your mmi I guess 😂

Nevermind all that…😇

Pics of the new wagon please!!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
not mine but fitted a nice twin pipe back box to the wee fellas car. @quattro Rick recommended one and it has a nice throaty sound without sounding stupid.

Completely agree, it's not ricer at all, but definitely makes the wee 1600 sound brilliant.

Amazing to think I've a fleet of big power cars yet still find enjoyment driving the other halfs fiesta 😂😂

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
View attachment 345717

Gave it the final wash before putting it for sale. I am genuinely impressed at how well the paintwork held up with the ceramic coating on it. Hardly any swirl marks on it for 2 1/2 year old.

I’m 4 months into ownership of mine and it’s driving me crazy how the design of these things allow it to get so blooming dirty.
Had to buy mudflaps for the rear to help cut down the crap flying up the back of it and the screws are a cross between allen/torx head Which have been a p.i.t.a to get out.
need sidesteps now too just to help with the dirt not flicking up the sides too 😡

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’m 4 months into ownership of mine and it’s driving me crazy how the design of these things allow it to get so blooming dirty.
Had to buy mudflaps for the rear to help cut down the crap flying up the back of it and the screws are a cross between allen/torx head Which have been a p.i.t.a to get out.
need sidesteps now too just to help with the dirt not flicking up the sides too 😡

I found not washing it helped. There was lichen growing on the windows at one point which was difficult to see through, so that warranted a wash for safety's sake. Other than that the rain did a decent job tbh.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

I drove mine today and remembered why I changed it 😂 it was washed on Monday but rotten today they really gather dirt well but having a non coated car, I can say the Gtechniq done a great job. What colour did you go for.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Used it over Christmas and then spent more time washing the wheels than the actual car. What a nightmare. Also broke the key in one of the centre caps.
Sorned it too but I cannot bring myself to drive the aygo, so frantically looking up 740ds
20211228_120254.jpg

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
cut my injector wires so they are all the same length, put new plugs on it, connected OEM oil cooler that i was missing