cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Sent the mk2 off for bodywork.

20220621_125454.jpg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Hi mate I failed iva on emissions earlier in the year and have a restest end of July. Any tips?

What engine have you? When rob built this car It failed the IVA on emissions a few times.

I had the map altered to reduce fuelling at idle by Alan roddy/Steven gault at roddy country garage in Ballymoney and I fitted the pulse air system back in as it had been taken out. It injects air into the exhaust ports to dilute the emissions.

I also put the car back in and made sure it was good and hot for the test. It took a while for the emissions to drop on their machine, the guy was ready to pull the probe out of the exhaust and all of a sudden it dropped.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Much nicer - I just think some people get fed up and just add carbon because they think its the in thing. The amount of carbon tat I see on S3/RS3's from owners clubs would make you sick, doesn't suit the car at all.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I thought a battery cover would tidy up the engine bay, so drew one on Fusion360, but now it’s printed and on, I don’t think really it works. I’ve some carbon fibre, maybe I’ll cover it in that?
AEA46040-5658-4A5F-A5CA-BBB93743F2F0.jpeg
1CBE2240-9551-40CA-A9EF-14466EA00B45.jpeg

eamon343

RMS Regular
I thought a battery cover would tidy up the engine bay, so drew one on Fusion360, but now it’s printed and on, I don’t think really it works. I’ve some carbon fibre, maybe I’ll cover it in that?
View attachment 366761View attachment 366762

That looks great, how long would that take you to draw up / print?

Seems like an odd place for the battery though, you'd think they'd mount it further back or in the boot, but im sure they know what they are doing

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
View attachment 366761View attachment 366762

Looks good but see what you are saying - if it followed the same lines as the fuse box is that? can you print curves/rounded edges?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That looks great, how long would that take you to draw up / print?

Seems like an odd place for the battery though, you'd think they'd mount it further back or in the boot, but im sure they know what they are doing
It took an hour to draw up, then I did a rough print. I made a few minor adjustments to the design then printed it again. The actual print I used a 0.8mm nozzle so it took just over 6.5 hours to print it. There isnt a lot of other places to move it and maybe it helps with weight distribution?
IMG_7736.JPEG

Looks good but see what you are saying - if it followed the same lines as the fuse box is that? can you print curves/rounded edges?
You can print pretty much anything, and now that you mention it, if it had more a 3d shape it would probably fit in better.