What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
What material did you use for it? It’s a damn sight better looking than the battery so I’d leave as is.
Cheers Craig, it's some cheap black PLA from Amazon. I rubbed it down a bit with some 400 sandpaper and painted it matt black. My bed mustnt be level because about 80% of the print is excellent, but the lines are visible in one corner of the print, and I guess the big flat print would show up any errors easily. It was pretty much the full width of the print bed.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Cheers Craig, it's some cheap black PLA from Amazon. I rubbed it down a bit with some 400 sandpaper and painted it matt black. My bed mustnt be level because about 80% of the print is excellent, but the lines are visible in one corner of the print, and I guess the big flat print would show up any errors easily. It was pretty much the full width of the print bed.

Yeah big wide prints like that are a nightmare lol. PLA might also warp with the heat of the engine - be interested to see how it fairs up.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Yeah big wide prints like that are a nightmare lol. PLA might also warp with the heat of the engine - be interested to see how it fairs up.
I did think that might be a problem. Since I fitted a new manifold there is a lot of heat in there but it’s on the other side. I have some petg that might be better.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
The eldest was at a festival southside of Dublin so I volunteered to collect him. First proper drive in the cupra on my own for a distance and it was great. Blasted from the toll and it pulls so well. Near a tank to get down and up but totally worth it.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Steering rack an front suspension stripped from the A4 Quattro along with the DPF, bumper, lights and wheels, ready for tmet
PXL_20220702_180008039.jpg
this week
PXL_20220702_195547708.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Had to smash the window of the Skoda a couple of weeks ago as i locked the keys in the car, golf clubs in the boot, and had to leave for a golf match 10 mins later. Looked it up on eBay, found a passenger front window for £25 so ordered it and smashed it. First time I've ever smashed a car window to be fair, was surprised how easy it was. Got around to replacing it at the weekend, again a very easy job!

1657018080599.png

1657018091896.png

Took the dogs out in it yesterday and thought it looked good here:

1657018116874.png

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
You will be finding glass for months and rattles in the door from bits you missed :joy:

I remember my Clio window got smashed and took ages to get it all out

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
You will be finding glass for months and rattles in the door from bits you missed :joy:

I remember my Clio window got smashed and took ages to get it all out
Aye I filled the hoover nearly twice over with wee bits of glass from the car and I'm still finding it. Couldn't get it all out of the door but rattles in the door is the absolute least of my worries with this thing :joy:

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Much nicer - I just think some people get fed up and just add carbon because they think its the in thing. The amount of carbon tat I see on S3/RS3's from owners clubs would make you sick, doesn't suit the car at all.

Have to agree with this!

I ordered a carbon and standard ducktail for my Porsche, ended up with the non carbon one and got it painted to match the car…..the carbon one (as well finished as it was) looked a bit ***** tbh, just stood out like a sore thumb.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Much nicer - I just think some people get fed up and just add carbon because they think its the in thing. The amount of carbon tat I see on S3/RS3's from owners clubs would make you sick, doesn't suit the car at all.

Chrome ftw.