What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Very easy to miss that .8, changed to 9, seconds after I got the photo 😂

It's also difficult to get the mileage in line with the trip as most cars it gets reset all the time. I used to meticulously creep at stupid slow speeds till it ticked over to an even thousand and reset it.

CBA now and I just see how little my mpg is per tank 😂😂

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
It's also difficult to get the mileage in line with the trip as most cars it gets reset all the time. I used to meticulously creep at stupid slow speeds till it ticked over to an even thousand and reset it.

CBA now and I just see how little my mpg is per tank 😂😂
Mazda has 2 trips and both only reset manually and worked out handy that I was only half a mile after filling up to reset the trip lol

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Dropped it at Agnews AutoExchange. Had a feeling it's been misfiring for a while now and only got the time to drop it off today. Coil packs needing replaced under warranty.
They've replaced the coil packs but still misfiring. They're now contacting SEAT for any further info. Another day in an Ibiza 1.0 :laughing:

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Changed the top windscreen seal on the e38 which turned out to be a total waste of time and money
More wind noise now than ever
I lifted the corners off it last summer to clean the sun roof drains which run down the side of the windscreen and there has been wind noise ever since
It really is 1 step forward 2 steps back with this car
I just want to start on something new rn
542BB866-D1C6-4926-9FA4-85A13AA15C9D.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
No air con in the black caddy is a real first world issue, especially in the last few days so I hardwired this nifty little number today.

Used one of the add a fuse for handiness and replaced it back into the wrong slot. Drove about 10ft before van conked out.

Took about 5 mins of head scratching to realise I pulled the fuse on the fuel pump by mistake!!!

B0CBAF4B-E303-4582-AA1D-A845257A59D4.png

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Well not exactly today or my own car (Tuesday night and my wee bro-in-laws car) but I had the pleasure of fitting shocks and springs with new top mounts and front discs and pads to a mk2 Clio.

Handy enough you say, yeah it would have been had everything not been cross-threaded, stripped, rounded or butchered by the previous owner. How that wee car passed MOT before he bought it I'll never know.

Got there in the end but was an absolute nightmare from start to finish.

IMG-20190702-WA0001.jpeg

20190702_232359.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Hooned it around most of Lower Lough Erne, and got the lowest average mpg I’ve every had. And feck me the mps is a hoot to properly stage, was very close to the limit at times.

What a way to clear the head tho

85ACD7A9-CDA9-429F-80C8-383CFC2220FC.jpeg

May not seem low to some, but considering it’s easy to average high 20’s to low 30’s in that’s quite a drop 😂

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Guy came to look at the 740 yesterday and was put off by weeping rocker cover gaskets. Gutted. So that’s going over to England for this 728 out the window.. or is it? That would be car no. 5. How many cars is too many?
It’s not like they are big money. Just trying to justify the whole thing in my head..
0922A097-6C39-4D9A-BB0E-6D27B08056A2.jpeg