What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Chris0

RMS Regular
That was a bit of a bargin, surely it was worth a lot more than what you were asking for it?
Hard one to judge but in my opinion I wasn’t being greedy with it probably couldn’t get a decent turbo Impreza for that price these days

One sold down south that was converted to manual like mine for €4000 in February. It then was resold for €6500 by the new owner last week. It is easily going to creep up in price over the next few years if it’s looked after and tidied up.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Give it a wash for the first time since before Christmas. Also fitted the clear fog light I got along with a red led.

3D2D080E-CC3A-4001-8BAE-D84A516AF30C.jpeg
28188FBF-29AB-4A4C-B5B9-E09948652C37.jpeg
256CD563-D507-4F36-8D5A-9D52BA48DCAA.jpeg
B590E896-36AE-4F62-8050-6F93B7BFC70A.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You home full time now with the new job Gav, or still having to travel too?

I am yes. Been home since last July so had to get out and get a job and keep the wages coming in. Having to work for a living now!

What engine was your RR? I’m getting about 25-26mpg with the 4.4V8 diesel which i thought was pretty good

4.4 V8 petrol it was, the jag engine. Think the best I done was coming back from London and got early 20s mpg.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I was out this morning using the Ranger and the trailer. I noticed on the way home that the rear tub was moving around different to the rest of the body.

So decided to lift the tub off...

1610990672127.png

And this is what I found...

1610990691658.png

Don't even know where to start or if there is any solid metal left to weld to.

1610990725677.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Get that tub back on and the Ranger onto gumtree lol.
Or tie a big rope around a heavy immovable object and around the tow bar. Set up video camera, sit in ranger throttle to the floor and drop the clutch in first. Post aftermath here. :joy:

Seriously thought, that's shocking! You'd wonder how that went through an MOT!

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Found this post after a quick search for C4. Can you remember how this stuff held up? Looking to get some for my own Trafic, but it's very mixed reviews considering the cost. I don't mind if it's as good as it says, but some reviewers state that it leaves permanent streaks.

I would have no problem using it again. Not quite sure of the durability but I would have remembered if it was for FA so it must’ve been good.

Bryan

RMS Regular
An English one I assume!?

No, it was somewhere here. I haven't the paperwork handy to check though. I bought it back in September but it had been MOT'd a few months before that.

To be fair it looked like this when I first lifted the tub off - the other photo is after I poked around with the screw driver. Still pretty bad looking. Chassis is spot on from looking in from the wheel arches.

1610999079737.png