What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
First and only time over the Conor Pass was in the XF on summer tyres in March going from Dingle to Tralee. The snow made things interesting. My button hole going like a mouse's nose.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
At least you’ve got good visibility on Conor’s pass compared to when I done it last August. - this looks to be the same place
View attachment 376446

Dingle had mainly clear skies as did Blennerville etc on the other side of the pass as well

Ancient photo of my old S3 on Conor's Pass back in 2010

1664437778039.png

Think this is similar to your photo

1664437799071.png

This was up in the Delphi Range I think - pic quality back then was sheeeeeeite

1664437824903.png

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
With the weather getting worse in the west today, yesterday evening I heading to stay with a friend in Roscrea Co.Tipperary which is nicely in the middle. Then this morning made my way over to Wicklow going through the mountains stopping of at a few viewing spots, glendalough, Avonsdale as they have a new tree top walk which is definitely would going to as a bit different and then powerscourt waterfall before heading home back to Fermanagh.

Covered just under 1200miles in 5 days, spent a fortune of fuel and enjoyed every bit of it (bar the dreaded M50). Needless to say the cars due a wash and the wheels are no longer white after some enthusiastic driving on some brilliant roads in Kerry.

Also developed a Knocking in the front suspension of some sort so need to look at that tomorrow 😂.

41260DB6-6287-4353-8CFE-0D5553E65AEF.jpeg
70FD0FC5-CB03-420E-A860-7FA65CFC3C08.jpeg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well the suspension knocking the car developed this week, mainly yesterday I think turned out to just be front droplink not had loosened. Sounded worse inside the car tbh, just jacked it up and put the Milwaukee too it 😂 and sorted.

Might as well spam yous with one last picture from the Wicklow mountains since I have all week

B7252282-B641-4F96-9275-7EC0347D6432.jpeg

Can really see how black the front wheels really are with brake dust from that angle lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Articulated it and rinsed it last night - came up brilliantly. Drove to work this morning and bogging again :worried:

Would like to keep on top of the daily/every couple day rinse with Articulate over the winter as I tend to fall out of love with the car when its stinking

Is articulate the snow foam? Do you just foam it and power wash off and not physically touch the car with anything?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Is articulate the snow foam? Do you just foam it and power wash off and not physically touch the car with anything?
Articulates the tfr that you mainly use in pressure sprayer. Ultrafoam is the snow foam.

Want to be lazy mix bit of both in the foam bottle.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Articulates the tfr that you mainly use in pressure sprayer. Ultrafoam is the snow foam.

Want to be lazy mix bit of both in the foam bottle.

I’ve both there. Just never used them properly 😂

Bought a proper lance last week so intend on at least attempting some safe washing over winter so the car doesn’t look like eff all by the time spring comes round.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Bought a proper lance last week so intend on at least attempting some safe washing over winter so the car doesn’t look like eff all by the time spring comes round.

I just Articulate then power hose. I only actually use a mitt once every 5 or 6 washes.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Mix it with properly hot water in the bottle, makes a huge difference to the foaming action

Works best to spray articulate on with a pressure spray and let it dwell for few minutes, I usually spray it on then setup the pressure washer. Then spray in foam and couple minutes if you have it and hose off.