What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Wired in the optimate battery charger, rigged up a handlebar bag to carry a few small things (zero, I mean zero underseat storage on the Aprilia and I don’t want to go down the route of tank bags or tail boxes) but most importantly I pulled the baffle out of the exhaust 🙈 The V4 is a bit of an odd sound, doesn’t sound like a twin, doesn’t sound like a Honda V4, doesn’t sound like a Ducati V4, doesn’t sound like a crossplane Yamaha. Has its own unique note.
View attachment 430187
View attachment 430188
How you finding it? Got first proper ride on mine over the weekend after new tyres etc and love it. Absolute hooligan bike.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
How you finding it? Got first proper ride on mine over the weekend after new tyres etc and love it. Absolute hooligan bike.
Haven’t been out much at all truthfully with weather and other commitments. Takes me a while to get into the swing of a new bike but so far I’ve noticed: Riding position more jacked up, far narrower tank so having to change how I hang off in corners and strangely the quickshift isn’t as sweet on the way up as the yam was. Rear brake on the bike is dreadful and needs a very hard push… and I would use a lot of rear brake setting up for corners so that’s kind of annoying. Other than that so far so good. Dry day with a bit of heat in the tyres will help! Figured out how to completely turn off the anti wheelie as it was kicking in too much even on the lowest setting for me.

What tyres did you get on? There’s Michelin Road 5s on mine but probably will go to Bridgestones when they are done, just personal preference not that there’s anything wrong with them!

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Haven’t been out much at all truthfully with weather and other commitments. Takes me a while to get into the swing of a new bike but so far I’ve noticed: Riding position more jacked up, far narrower tank so having to change how I hang off in corners and strangely the quickshift isn’t as sweet on the way up as the yam was. Rear brake on the bike is dreadful and needs a very hard push… and I would use a lot of rear brake setting up for corners so that’s kind of annoying. Other than that so far so good. Dry day with a bit of heat in the tyres will help! Figured out how to completely turn off the anti wheelie as it was kicking in too much even on the lowest setting for me.

What tyres did you get on? There’s Michelin Road 5s on mine but probably will go to Bridgestones when they are done, just personal preference not that there’s anything wrong with them!
Check your chain tension.The Aprillia quickshifter was always affected by chain tension.Heard of guys thinking the quickshifter was goosed but when they adjusted the chain properly all was good.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Check your chain tension.The Aprillia quickshifter was always affected by chain tension.Heard of guys thinking the quickshifter was goosed but when they adjusted the chain properly all was good.
First thing I did when I rode home was lube and tension the chain! It’s almost like it’s cutting the fuel for too long. It’s not snappy bam bam bam like the Yamaha was.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Would anybody have a diagnostic for turning the service light off on a 2020 Ducati Hypermotard 950? Friend just wants to service it himself instead of dropping it to Millsport with them charging an arm and a leg.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Hurst told me they'd turn my light off for £30. I ended up having them do the service. I found this link and they are talking about removing the service light from a V4 Panigale, so I'd assume it'll work on a Hypermotard.

The thread,

The tool,

I'm gonna do a bit more research into the system and buy one. I'll be servicing my bike from now on (apart from belts and Desmo service)

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Ok edit from last night. In the dry riding it hard it makes absolute 100% sense. I take back everything bad I said last night. Quick blast up the Dromore road but Grahams are fresh out of sorbets 😞
IMG_9088.jpeg

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Ok edit from last night. In the dry riding it hard it makes absolute 100% sense. I take back everything bad I said last night. Quick blast up the Dromore road but Grahams are fresh out of sorbets 😞
View attachment 430747

Happy days. Yea I’m still getting used to it and agree completely on the back brake being useless.

Went for Road 6s on mine, after a few reasonably hairy rides on sticky summer tyres I wanted something that would look after me without the weather having to be good lol. You obv know what you are doing more than I do cause my antiwheelie is staying ON lol