What did you do to your motorcycle today?

NotKG

Banned
hardening, your tensioning the spring, but the shock dosent get longer or shorter so it dosent affect height. might be a wee rebound screw on it somewhere round the ends

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Thats what i thought! Yeah theres other adjustment, but i dont like adjusting things too much.lol. at least i know to put it back 2 clicks.lol

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I adjusted this today, maybe a noobish question, but is it compression or ride height? Just a bit confusing as it looks like a coiloverView attachment 202499
That is your pre-load. It's on the max setting which would be for you and a passenger, or you and lots of luggage, or just you if youre very heavy.
Damping (rebound) could be a wee screw adjuster, usually at the bottom of the shock on one side. You might need a screwdriver. You might also have compression damping if it's a sportsbike.
Look up how to set "static sag" and that will help give you a starting point for setting the preload.

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
The original heel gaurds on the R6 had been assaulted with carbon wrap, then butchered around the edges. It also seems to be some sort of brittle plastic thats been super glued on. So bought these late on Monday night. Arrived 1st thing thos morning and are real carbon fibre which i'm surprised at. Need a carbon chain gaurd now, or lose it all together.
20180801_190455.jpg

NotKG

Banned
#Polobrat666 does it have a wet liner ya have to wear inside it?
i got a new one, it has a net liner, wet liner, a thermal liner, and 2 others i cant remember,, dont think they make waterproof coats nowadays, they just give ya something like a bin bag to wear inside it

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
#Polobrat666 does it have a wet liner ya have to wear inside it?
i got a new one, it has a net liner, wet liner, a thermal liner, and 2 others i cant remember,, dont think they make waterproof coats nowadays, they just give ya something like a bin bag to wear inside it
No they're pretty basic, just has a removable thermal liner. They've taken some abuse in the past year so I shouldn't be surprised it's just given up

My spare jacket (same brand/model) wasn't bad this morning. It would be a different story in November though :cold_sweat:

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I still have a Spada winter jacket I bought 16 years ago and even in really heavy rain it never leaks and it never had Nikwax. I think it was £60, one of the cheapest in the shop.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Don't see Lewis about any more, I had one bought from HRW in Carrick many moons ago

AndyG

RMS Regular
Today I realised my bike is out of mot :worried:

Recently became one of those road cycling bike morons and that has been taking most of my time up, was Gona take the bike out tomorrow a run and have realised it’s out of mot..

What should I expect from a bike MOT? As strict as cars? Not that there’s anything wrong with it just nocause sure if I should swap plate over and got seperate indicators again or will the indicators in the rear light be ok?

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
What should I expect from a bike MOT? As strict as cars? Not that there’s anything wrong with it just nocause sure if I should swap plate over and got seperate indicators again or will the indicators in the rear light be ok?

As @kenG said, try and make the bike look as standard as possible, or make sure the mods that are fitted are legal for our roads. As for what to expect from the test, still depends on the test centre and who is checking the bike. Have had one guy going over everything with a fine tooth comb then getting snooty because he couldn't find the vin plate, even after I showed him where the numbers were stamped into the frame. Another time had the examiner sit on the bike, check front brake, looked to see if the lights worked, commented about covering a stamp on the exhaust while handing me the pass cert.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Will just fit standard plate and indicators and make things easier.. maybe put a bunch in the exhaust to make it quieter..

Was hoping to just MOT it as it is :worried:

AndyG

RMS Regular
ack go on give us a laugh, we'll prob get smacked with a pass from ya.
What’s the worst that dan happen! Will put a legal plate on and chance my arm, hopefully get a test in Ards this week if it dries up

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
looked at mine and cried a little :worried: then threw my crutches out the shed and crawlled out to get them

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@scooby, hit a large gathering of stones on a bend. i got the bike up righted and aimed away from the wall... but i hit the road sign and the wall then a rock