What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Nothing broke, chunk outa my shin that needed stitched up.
bike gear saved me from anything major, i decided to bin the bin on its left side before it took me into the wall with it. it ended up in the grass...light left hand side damage

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Nothing broke, chunk outa my shin that needed stitched up.
bike gear saved me from anything major, i decided to bin the bin on its left side before it took me into the wall with it. it ended up in the grass...light left hand side damage

Well, it could have been a lot worse. Sh*tter all the same, hope you're back on the road soon.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Will be interested to see what you think of the Drift, I've had an HD Ghost for probably 8 years now and still going strong!
Back to this after a few weeks. It's been perfect for commuting, hasn't been near a charger all week and had just dipped into the last bar when I got home today (standard battery) So it was as good as claimed 5hrs! Footage is great at 1080p HDR (y)

NotKG

Banned
i bought a second Ghost HD of FB last week , using it in the van at the min , seems to be running sweet.

i know someone who got stopped for "fast filtering" whatever they think he done, the whole camera got siezed by the police, they dont just take the card, it went to court last year, and a MCycle officer had viewed it and it was ended with a caution, still cant get his £300 of camera stuff back, theyre too busy apparently,
they dont take the card as some are encrypted to the device. so they take the lot. watch for that one.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I don't keep footage long and I would have to be suspected of committing an offence under PACE anyway, before seizure and request of a receipt to include station, name and rank..

Is it possible he was being a tit? What exactly is "fast filtering" ?

bif1k

RMS Member
Drives
honda cbf100
just a little reminder too, make sure youve switched your cam before before going to the bogs for a slash :oops::laughing:, think i'll have to do a bit of editing before posting todays wee run, mind you, the bogs in Dromara petrol station are top class:grinning:

NotKG

Banned
I don't keep footage long and I would have to be suspected of committing an offence under PACE anyway, before seizure and request of a receipt to include station, name and rank..

Is it possible he was being a tit? What exactly is "fast filtering" ?

well he was stopped for filtering too fast, "in their eyes" then he was threatened with dangerous riding, but it got dropped and only advice given. seems car cops in a unmarked car just presume bikers are guilty. the bike cop said it was a little zealous but watching his head movements for checks it was acceptable.
thats not the ccomplaint, they just thought it looked a bit fast/dangerous and siezed his camera. he heard nothing back to they viewedd it and decided on sommonsing him to court 4 months later. . . i cant remember what paperwork he got, but he did say at that point it was "suspision of dangerous or inconsiderate riding" and had to produce his mot and insurance, even though they were on the police blackberry.
siezed his camera, which i would have thought their camera should have been the evidence to stop him,, and he counterprooves his case with his helmet cam.

overall its a bit of a grey area,,

funny but is, they appealed for witnesses with dash cams for a crash about a year earlier, and my friend was able to help. they were happy enough then to call with pendrive to get it off his computer.

he has a solicitor on it to chase up the camera, and he will have to pay them. while he feels they took it unlawfully and the case dropped.

just one to consider, its just an informative post, not a moam or gripe. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
just a little reminder too, make sure youve switched your cam before before going to the bogs for a slash :oops::laughing:, think i'll have to do a bit of editing before posting todays wee run, mind you, the bogs in Dromara petrol station are top class:grinning:
A staff member in my usual garage pointed out to me one day that it was recording as I was about to enter pin # (great garage, none of this helmet off sheeite in Larne)

AndyG

RMS Regular
1911C470-4716-49D8-91B1-AC6C250AEC7F.jpeg
FD5DEA34-44F9-4A44-8B11-FD16F64750AC.jpeg
First timeout on it in a month, reminded in no time just how silly fast they are 8o| going to service it and mot next week hopefully and try get it over 10k miles before end of summer

warren

RMS Photographer
I drove to the Newcastle air show, got absolutely soaked to the bone, thought stuff this then had to ride home another 1.5hrs drenched. Was less than ideal. Bike didn’t miss a beat though even driving through a waterfall most of the way home!

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Same here @warren the rain couldnt have started at a worse time! I was disgusted and now chucked the bike in the garage covered in dirt.

warren

RMS Photographer
Same here @warren the rain couldnt have started at a worse time! I was disgusted and now chucked the bike in the garage covered in dirt.

Yeah I was about 2 miles out when it started, thought I’d keep going, knew it was bad as even before it started raining I couldn’t see the Mournes at all lol

warren

RMS Photographer
I cant even find any Tracer 900s for sale to spam you with for sale ads.

You still keeping the SV?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Hahaha :laughing: yep SV is staying for commuter duty + It would be a pig to sell crash damaged ;)

Need to sort shed out before buying though, door needs widened

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Ive booked my bike in to have the off road tune put on as I have an exhaust on the bike and no record of this being done. Has anyone with a 1050 had this done? Is it worth it?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Ive booked my bike in to have the off road tune put on as I have an exhaust on the bike and no record of this being done. Has anyone with a 1050 had this done? Is it worth it?
I've heard it is but depends what tune you have on your bike at the minute as to how it will change. You could find when they read the tune it might already be changed from sometime previously.

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
A staff member in my usual garage pointed out to me one day that it was recording as I was about to enter pin # (great garage, none of this helmet off sheeite in Larne)

Which garage out of interest? I'm the manager in Topaz and we don't ask people to take there helmets off.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Which garage out of interest? I'm the manager in Topaz and we don't ask people to take there helmets off.
Coast rd one, never a bother with helmet in any garage, just thought it was nice of her to point out my camera was on.

I normally stop it and turn off intercom before lifting pump

Triumph Fan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
I had it done by McCallum's on my Tiger as I fitted a TOR exhaust. Did it for peace of mind more than anything else.