What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Took mine up for it's yearly visit and passed easily, spent more time talking about bikes than testing it.
Only downside was spending nearly an hour in the cold replacing the headlight bulbs from LED to the standard crappy halogens, only for the guy testing the bike to turn around and say that I should fit a set of LED bulbs. As he put it, "bikes don't have washers, so as long as the beam pattern is correct, it will not get a second glance". Typical

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Bike MOTd today and up for sale. Cold enough, but class getting getting out on it again.

20190201_143135.jpg

NotKG

Banned
what did you do to your motorcycle today ,,,, nothing, bikes under covers since it passed MOT 5 months ago.
gonna have to pull it to the door and run it a while.
next year im gonna have to sorn it and move the MOT to spring Feb/Mar.
seriously becoming unused.
1200mls last year.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Much? Might know someone for it

Also done this to the gixxus

Stuck it up for 3750. Someone coming up from South tomorrow at 1200 to hopefully take it but if not I'll let you know. Price is pretty negotiable as want rid.

Get that pipe chopped @gav525 got mine done on the 750 Gixer, looked a lot fresher and sounded awesome

Oh that pipes only back on it for the MOT lol, couldn't chop an original 20th anniversary can as they go for a fortune on ebay. Usually have this one on:
20181220_155233.jpg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Stuck it up for 3750. Someone coming up from South tomorrow at 1200 to hopefully take it but if not I'll let you know. Price is pretty negotiable as want rid.

Oh that pipes only back on it for the MOT lol, couldn't chop an original 20th anniversary can as they go for a fortune on ebay. Usually have this one on:
View attachment 223788

I see lol, much better!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Much? Might know someone for it

Also done this to the gixxus

The guy "can't come" today now and has put off til next Wednesday when I'm back from holiday. If your mate is interested and can collect tonight I'll do him a good deal (y)

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
well i finished my quest to get brakes.. long story short. i use blade forks and brembo radial calipers but i wanted 320mm discs. easy except it cant be done with the honda bolt pattern and the the wheels that take 320s dont go into the forks.mmmmmm believe me iv spent two years looking it up. so

blade forks
yamaha 400rrsp wheel.
kawasaki bearings
Aprilia 320 discs
2mm discs spacers
new wheel spacers
new caliper mount spacers.
machined axle
nothing like making life hard for yourself, again

im not feeling the wave discs, i think they look stupid on this bike but they are made by Braking and they will do for now.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
blade forks
yamaha 400rrsp wheel.
kawasaki bearings
Aprilia 320 discs
2mm discs spacers
new wheel spacers
new caliper mount spacers.
machined axle
nothing like making life hard for yourself, again

Write all that down somewhere for the next owner when he goes looking for replacement parts, lol.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
The guy "can't come" today now and has put off til next Wednesday when I'm back from holiday. If your mate is interested and can collect tonight I'll do him a good deal (y)

hes not in the position to pay the money outright at the minute fella :worried: hes raging thou cause its a great looking bike

NotKG

Banned
Took mine up for it's yearly visit and passed easily, spent more time talking about bikes than testing it.
Only downside was spending nearly an hour in the cold replacing the headlight bulbs from LED to the standard crappy halogens, only for the guy testing the bike to turn around and say that I should fit a set of LED bulbs. As he put it, "bikes don't have washers, so as long as the beam pattern is correct, it will not get a second glance". Typical
i really wish there was a flat rule for this.
i was told last year all LED and HID would fail unless fitted as a lamp unit. especially chinese crap.
the beam of them is horrific.
lights in general nowadays is just constantly blinding.
like pedestrian traffic lights, some are so bright, you cant see if anyone is even crossing .

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Booked another trip (Mid March) 3 exploring and 2 travel days in Ireland to include,

Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, Mitcheltown Caves, Blarney Castle, Ballinesker Beach (this is where the DDay landings in Saving Private Ryan were filmed)

14th -18th March in the unlikely event anyone wants to come :laughing:

john-c

RMS Regular

Keep an eye for the 750cc lightweights and 1200cc superbikes

Good link thanks. I watched this tonight, the further into it you get the better it gets.

I think it said 750cc Supersport (Not lighweights) and 1200cc Superbikes which is technically correct :grinning:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Good link thanks. I watched this tonight, the further into it you get the better it gets.

I think it said 750cc Supersport (Not lighweights) and 1200cc Superbikes which is technically correct :grinning:
1200cc applies to 2 cyl engines, 1000cc to 4cyl. The V4R in race spec is 1000cc, not 1103 it gets in road trim.

The same principal allows Hickman to ride the 675cc Trooper Triumph in supersport classes.

Technically incorrect :grinning:

Last edited:

john-c

RMS Regular
The same principal allows Hickman to ride the 675cc Trooper Triumph in supersport classes.

Technically incorrect :grinning:

Aye I had a brain fart there. 1200cc max capacity is correct for the superbikes, but i read/seen 675cc instead of 750cc for the Supersports.

Must try harder :grinning:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
There was one clip where it did read supersport-750 which can only be true if the bike was a twin. (which it wasn't) I can't think of any twins in the last few years that are 750 unless you go back to the likes of a Ducati 748.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Supertwins are all based on a suzuki or kwak 650 these days. The Yamaha CP2 twins not allowed