What did you do to your motorcycle today?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Finally got the wee track bike up and running again after full carb strip down and rebuild. The had a mystery starting issue so have stripped every plug and checked it at which point it started again ffs.
Just needs setting up properly now so will probably leave it in somewhere when I go back to work here this week. Will call Holeshot tomorrow as they're handy and close.
Also going to get a rough coat of paint thrown over it, make my own mark on it with my own colour scheme lol. No idea what yet!

IMG-20190430-WA0008.jpeg
IMG-20190430-WA0010.jpeg

john-c

RMS Regular
Some amount of kit on your Tracer👍

Am I reading your links correct, AU$1049 + the cost of the Super Ten switch gear?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Some amount of kit on your Tracer👍

Am I reading your links correct, AU$1049 + the cost of the Super Ten switch gear?
Yep, £135 from a breakers for the switch +£198 DHL stung me for customs

Cheaper than selling it and buying a GT 😂

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Anyone take travel insurance for the TT?...
I got leaflets from the campsite through the door today and one of them says in capitals that "TRAVEL INSURANCE IS NECESSARY". Never thought about it before now

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nah never bother myself lol. Maybe should look into it. Saying that if I'm crashing my bike on the mountain I don't plan to be coming home, other than in a box. Sure just cremate me there and scatter me on the mountain 😂

Not long now lads, I'm wetting myself with excitement

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Nah never bother myself lol. Maybe should look into it. Saying that if I'm crashing my bike on the mountain I don't plan to be coming home, other than in a box. Sure just cremate me there and scatter me on the mountain 😂

Not long now lads, I'm wetting myself with excitement

Counting down the nights, are you heading up to the NW

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
As far as I know the travel insurance is to cover repatriation or flying you home with medical assistance.All other treatment is covered under an agreement with the UK.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Went to start the Café Racer and she wouldn't go. No spark on Cylinders 1&4, new coil yesterday and fitted today and boom started first time. Went a wee run too, for a 1979 550cc that weighs as much as a baby elephant she shifts rightly lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
After a couple of teething issues sorted via skype on Sunday (Aussie evening) got the MCCruise cruise control fitted temporarily without the tenere switchgear. (customer service is 12/10)

Rebuilt it and got out a run there before the rain, it's sheer bliss pressing the SET button and letting go of the bars :grinning:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
After a couple of teething issues sorted via skype on Sunday (Aussie evening) got the MCCruise cruise control fitted temporarily without the tenere switchgear. (customer service is 12/10)

Rebuilt it and got out a run there before the rain, it's sheer bliss pressing the SET button and letting go of the bars :grinning:
So, left off a breather when rebuilding which gave it an annoying throaty sound, all of the bolts out, tank and airbox off, all of the bolts back on.

The positive is, I've left the 2 cables that need to come out when I get the Tenere switch handier to remove.

Nice neat install all the same though. The mouldings for the buttons are fairly obvious

DSC_0002.JPG

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Picked it up from John Mac at Pitlane, Kilwaughter roundabout sketchy af on new tyres in the wet :joy::joy:

warren

RMS Photographer
Bought some of those cheap as chips jackets and trousers off eBay. Trousers arrived today, I'm very, very impressed. Feel substantial, well built, good zips and loads of armour.

Jacket hasn't arrived yet but looks good so far. Excuse my dodgy socks.

IMG_20190508_160642.jpg

IMG_20190508_160826.jpg

IMG_20190508_160947.jpg

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Any chance you could go out in the rain? (Asking for a friend) 😂 😂

I did some googling, seemingly the waterproof membrane in those is also used by Frank Thomas and BKS and coincidentally, JTS where I get my long leg stuff from

Last edited: