What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
IMG_20190513_211011.jpg

AndyG

RMS Regular
Just been riding mine loads but thought I'd waste some more money on it before summer, ordered a healtech quickshifter which I'm pretty excited about. Also got these carbon frame covers, not mad keen on them but they cover chips and mean I won't have to get the frame painted. Aren't stuck down yet. Going to spend a week solid staring at them before I decide 😅

IMG_20190519_145425.jpg
IMG_20190519_145420.jpg
IMG_20190514_165159.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
Just been riding mine loads but thought I'd waste some more money on it before summer, ordered a healtech quickshifter which I'm pretty excited about. Also got these carbon frame covers, not mad keen on them but they cover chips and mean I won't have to get the frame painted. Aren't stuck down yet. Going to spend a week solid staring at them before I decide 😅

View attachment 236442View attachment 236443View attachment 236444
Lovely looking bike, the yellow `pops` not sure about the frame covers.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Picked this up today, 2 years of sitting outside 😢😢
But I have the V5 so should sell quickly for a project or parts bike SOLD IT
DSCF2686.JPG

Last edited:

AndyG

RMS Regular
Lovely looking bike, the yellow `pops` not sure about the frame covers.
Thanks, It's a nice pearl yellow but photos don't show it quite so good.

Might stick the covers down properly and see but I got them pretty cheap so won't mind if I done use them to be fair

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I've basically forgot what a clutch is for, except taking off in first 😂

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
It's a lot of effort pulling in the clutch leaver 😂 can you use a quick shifter to down shift aswell?
The Healtech can do it but there's no blip. The instructions will explain where to put it if you want upshift only or both, mines right on top of the splined input shaft, rather than inline with the shift rod

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Finally got to the bottom of my coolant/expansion bottle/ radiator issue. The bike had a habit of filling the expansion to the top with coolant, then spitting the rest out onto the ground. It has done this intermittently since I've bought the bike, never caused any over heating but meant I had to top it up and burp the system about once a month.

Turns out someone has forced the rad cap on without it being properly in place, this caused the top of the rad top of become uneven causing it not to pressurise the system. So when the coolant got up to temp the water pump was forcing it out the gaps in the uneven radiator mouth and then air lock the system

New radiator bought and fitted and so far everything seems spot on. Well pleased, I was worrying about it for the TT next week
IMG-20190522-WA0003.jpeg

warren

RMS Photographer
Gave it a well deserved bath! Have been commuting on it a good bit recently! The new gear makes such a massive difference in the cold mornings.

IMG_20190523_162754.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
well i decided to make both bikes fill different rolls. the blue one is for silly rides, and the yellow one iv turned into touring storm plus my wee lady now wants to go out more with me..

so the yellow girl got a little tt type screen and a topbox.... not the sportiest of things granted but gives the daughter something to make her feel a bit more secure behind me.