What did you do to your motorcycle today?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
New Brembo SC pads stuck in before I head to the TT next week

IMG_20190524_201715_072.jpg

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Booked it's first MOT, it's all grown up now 😂 Registered 26/6/15 but with Wales trip 27th-3rd I'm not leaving it late!

Last edited:

Lee

RMS Regular
Those plugs and filter didn't need changed, they deserved to be changed! :eek:

It done her no harm lol the coolant change was well needed too! Brake fluid wasn't too bad, so much so I couldn't really tell when the new stuff was through, but ran the bottle through her anyway.

Would love to get the wheels powdercoated gold now when getting the tyres on but the piggybank won't stretch, would have to fit new bearings aswell if doing that due to the heat involved.

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
It done her no harm lol the coolant change was well needed too! Brake fluid wasn't too bad, so much so I couldn't really tell when the new stuff was through, but ran the bottle through her anyway.

Would love to get the wheels powdercoated gold now when getting the tyres on but the piggyback won't stretch, would have to fit new bearings aswell if doing that due to the heat involved.
I'd do the same if in doubt, small cost for peace of mind

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
I've never cleaned my manifold because I thought it couldn't be helped. A scourer pad and Autosol has taken the bad look off it though. Don't think it was ever supposed to be shiney.

20190602_183036.jpg

20190602_195210.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Took the wheels off the GS last night and dropped them to Timmy at Moto Man in the underground car park at Forestside today to get a new set of Metzeler Tourance tyres fitted. Very good price and service from a wee spot I didn’t know existed until it was recommended to me by @Alan_B:

A6FD2057-41BE-4F09-B247-488136D587D7.jpeg

While I had the wheels off I decided to throw new pads into the front and rear, so a wee trip to GRC Motorcycles on Upper Newtownards Road seen me with new EBC pads at a 1/3 of the price of Hursts, the robbing bastids.

1220D09D-499F-499D-861B-5E64BA3D0D46.jpeg

Took the bike a run there this evening to bed the brakes in and start scrubbing the tyres in a bit and to say handling has improved is an understatement. Fallen in love with the big 1150 GS all over again, even though I had already thought it couldn’t have been a better bike...

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
A wheel chock on a dolley the whole bike can go on would be ideal but wouldn’t know where to look, like get the bike on it and then wheel the whole thing up the side of the car
Took the wheels off the GS last night and dropped them to Timmy at Moto Man in the underground car park at Forestside today to get a new set of Metzeler Tourance tyres fitted. Very good price and service from a wee spot I didn’t know existed until it was recommended to me by @Alan_B:

View attachment 239563

While I had the wheels off I decided to throw new pads into the front and rear, so a wee trip to GRC Motorcycles on Upper Newtownards Road seen me with new EBC pads at a 1/3 of the price of Hursts, the robbing bastids.

View attachment 239564

Took the bike a run there this evening to bed the brakes in and start scrubbing the tyres in a bit and to say handling has improved is an understatement. Fallen in love with the big 1150 GS all over again, even though I had already thought it couldn’t have been a better bike...
I used to have a 1150GS and fitted the Tourance tyres.
Never felt as confident before or since in the wet as I did with that bike and those tyres. A great combination.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I used to have a 1150GS and fitted the Tourance tyres.
Never felt as confident before or since in the wet as I did with that bike and those tyres. A great combination.

That’s good to hear. It came with very square Tourance Next tyres fitted, so was only too glad to get rid of them. Will hopefully get a few hundred miles in this weekend to get used to them. It’s like riding on a knife edge now in the sense that it just wants to go left or right so easily, and that was only after putting 15/18 miles on them last night.

Opted for the Tourance as opposed to the newer Next’s as I’ve heard a lot of guys on the owners pages on Facebook and stuff claiming that the original Tourance tyres were as impressive as you could ever want or need for the 1150...

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Picked up from Paul Truesdale today.

Serviced, valve clearances checked, carbs set, braided brake hoses and new chain and sprockets fitted. Pleasantly surprised to be told it has bigger jets fitted and that it's a sharp example, even with >50k on the clock.

Along with new Battlax BT016 Pro's its like riding a completely different bike.

As mentioned, Timmy @ Moto-man at Forestside underground is worth a shout if you are looking tyres.