What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Removed the tank and air box for a clean, and in preparation for a healtech quickshifter

20200421_203845.jpg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
they are bloody brilliant things. i just fitted one to a carbed bike and the phone app lets you set it per 1000 revs to whatever shift speed you want,

Thats what attracted me to it over some of the others. I was interested in the translogic intelishift, and while its probably better system its too specific to the bike, and about twice the price. I like that you can just order a new loom and use the same healtech unit again. Can't wait to start tinkering at it, hope it arrives today.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Do we all use our clutch levers when up shifting then? 🙈 I forget I have one after second 😂

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
You’ve obviously never ridden a GS. Each gear change, be it up or down, is probably the most unsympathetic mechanical sensation ever... 🙊

I almost want to wear more pairs of socks to blunt the feeling through my left foot... 😂
Surely the GS has ranges not gears 😂

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Clutch casing off, filter took out and cleaned, spinner removed and oil cleaned up too. Refitted the system (new exhaust gasket arrived today) and ordered a new casing gasket. Still waiting on my new plug and oil too. Guess that'll be a job for another day.

20200502_134722.jpg

20200502_134737.jpg

20200502_135139.jpg

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Haven't taken any photos but I took the fairings off the z1000sx to give it a good clean and a going over with acf50. Panicking a bit that I'll not get them back on perfect but it should hopefully be ok if I take my time and follow the instructions in reverse.

Found the acf out of the aerosol isn't great so using a cloth ensure it covers everything. Will cover up the wheels & brakes before I start spraying round them.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Haven't taken any photos but I took the fairings off the z1000sx to give it a good clean and a going over with acf50. Panicking a bit that I'll not get them back on perfect but it should hopefully be ok if I take my time and follow the instructions in reverse.

Found the acf out of the aerosol isn't great so using a cloth ensure it covers everything. Will cover up the wheels & brakes before I start spraying round them.
Put some ACF50 in one of those little atomiser bottles that hairdressers use. (There's a correct name for them but I can't remember)
Or use a spray gun if you have one.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Put some ACF50 in one of those little atomiser bottles that hairdressers use. (There's a correct name for them but I can't remember)
Or use a spray gun if you have one.

I've seen guys using them on youtube but I'm too impatient to wait. I also have a tin of XCP which is supposed to be very good as well. I threw the tin of acf into a bucket of warm water so it came out ok, the odd wee clump of it which I then just wiped with the cloth. I've done the fairings so will get stuck into the rest tomorrow and see how I get on