What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
For another GS?

🤷‍♂️

I’d love a fresh GS, but a 3 year old GS is brand new Africa Twin money with extras, or ex-demo Triumph 1200 with all the bells and whistles (main dealer here is enough to put me off a Triumph though). Will have to have a think and see what I come up with. I only advertised the GS yesterday morning and it was away last night to the first viewer.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
New Africa twins are a gorgeous looking thing, haven't read much on then but if anything like the original will go forever 😂

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
i think iv sold the new dark blue storm i got that i said i wouldnt sell lol..

lord knows what if anything will be next. tho a stroker or strangly a big cruiser comes to mind. god knows.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
New Africa twins are a gorgeous looking thing, haven't read much on then but if anything like the original will go forever 😂

The older Honda’s were awesome. But it’s the same with most things; they were built with quality and longevity in mind back then and reliability meant something. Now it’s just a matter of throwing them together and getting them out.

Was down and seen the 1000 and the new 1100 Africa Twin this morning and both look to made of cheap and nasty plastic, and the switchgear on the bars is comical. The 1100 was sitting with a full set of panniers on it so I got the wife to sit on behind me and it definitely wouldn’t be something I’d want to travel any distance on with a pillion on the back.

The BMW S1000XR is a very nice bike, but I think it’s a bit sports bike-esque for my liking.

Shouldn’t have sold my 1150GS... 🤦‍♂️😂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Chain clean and lube

20200615_202737.jpg

As can be seen above the rear wheel is covered in crud

Quick wipe of the wheels, tank and screen with some vulcanet wipes and then I applied the tank pads, not sure if they're wonkey or on the wrong side 🙈🤣

20200616_220327.jpg
20200616_220314.jpg

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Fitted this care package my boys got me for father's

Sas delete for the ktm 990
Radiator guard
Battery opti charger
Bar end mirrors that actually work better than the viby standard items, look much better too.
And new cotton reels as the ktm items where corroded beyond repair.
Screenshot_20200713-205509.png

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Stuck new front bearings and brakes into the front of the GS through the week there. I noticed the tiniest bit of roughness in one of the bearings when I was putting a new tyre on a couple of weeks ago, so went ahead and replaced them and figured I’d throw some new Brembo Sintered pads in while I’ve the wheel out anyway, especially with the miles I’ve planned over the next month or 2...

98B6C15F-2820-4BDF-8C8B-B93AD30D79FF.jpeg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know anything about an old bike of mine. It's been off the road for 7 years since I traded it in to belfast honda.

It's a 97 cbr600f reg P767LDT

Screenshot_20200719-222328_Gallery.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I take it you haven’t had much of a run on it yet.

Not yet, got it insured today, but my mate is taking his private reg off it and instead of waiting until its in my name he done it already, so heaven knows when i'll get the tax book now. Currently sorn too, might be for sale, bought it spur of the moment, but deep down i want a big bang R1

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Sure just run it until next year then move it on at the start of the summer and get what you really want. Mine was sorn too when I got it but still had a sneaky lap or two of Dundrod until I got it all sorted.