What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
You could leave those 4 cylinder categories behind and look at twins and triples. Especially if you want a second bike and your existing one is a four. You get a whole different character, good torque and usually a better all-round road bike.
This this this if not a thumper.

4 cylinders is too many, 2 is not enough 😁😂

andy9201

RMS Regular
I bought a speed triple a few months ago. Slightly less comfortable on the longer runs but I had come from a BMW r1200gs so that was to be expected. The power and noise is just on another level though. Would recommend

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I bought a speed triple a few months ago. Slightly less comfortable on the longer runs but I had come from a BMW r1200gs so that was to be expected. The power and noise is just on another level though. Would recommend
Great. Now I really want one lol

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Great. Now I really want one lol
If insurance lets you go for the 1000cc class bikes. As good a bike as my 2013 Street R was in isolation, it’s not half the bike my MT-10 is. Forget about out and out speed, it’s just nicer to have that power and torque for a more relaxed ride and sharper overtakes. Stock gearing on the Street had it doing 75mph in 1st. Ridiculous on a 600 class naked and it always felt a bit ‘meh’, even after going -1 +2 on the sprockets. My 600 Hornet felt sharper (but probably wasn’t) in most cases.

58AD0F31-B640-4410-948A-B3C356E58567.jpeg
464892AE-0F29-477B-A4A2-E0ADA0A0B8DF.jpeg

Lee

RMS Regular
IMG_0859.JPG

I'd highly recommend a Street Triple. Had one as my first bike. All the grunt you need for the road imo... Unless you're used to 1000cc bikes. I have ridden a Hornet and personally for me there is no comparison.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Got a puncture on my way home from work on Friday night and got to try out my puncture repair kit I’ve had for years. Took two ‘gryps’ to fill the hole successfully (no rubber solution) and the CO2 canisters gave enough inflation to limp the rest of the 7 miles or so home negating the need for recovery or standing about waiting for the RAC. Would probably prefer the tacky rubber ‘worm’ puncture repair kit where you have to reem out the hole and then plug, but as a quick fix this did the job. Not the most sexy motorcycle accessory but worth its weight in gold!
53E84961-990D-4FD5-8C5E-1E1CF35073E3.jpeg
C37CA131-E853-47C8-81BA-2FD72387EB30.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Any interest in a RMS bike meet / ride out? Weather's meant to be nice all this week.

Yes definitely up for that! I'm free every day from 9.30am and also any evening. Can do next Sunday also 👍🏻

Worth posting in the WhatsApp group as well in case people miss it on here

andy9201

RMS Regular
Yes definitely up for that! I'm free every day from 9.30am and also any evening. Can do next Sunday also 👍🏻

Worth posting in the WhatsApp group as well in case people miss it on here
I work during the days so can only do evenings.

Also not in the whatapp group

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Still a great looking bike!
Amazing how inexpensive they can be as well when they crop up on gumtree.
Indeed pretty cheap to buy and plenty of them about.

They are a big pig to ride but hilarious acceleration. Some difference riding this and the GS back to back.