What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
It will be hit with the wire wheel and most likely get painted. Progress has stalled as there is Covid in my nephews house.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Test fitted the Kriega US20 and 2x US10's for doing some weekends away this year,

20230107_180404.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Kriega.....Great gear

Yeah, I must have it 10 years or more and it's still like new. I've also got the R20 backpack and I have used it 5 days a week for the same time and its also in perfect condition.

Would recommend it to everyone.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
got an insta360 camera for xmas, been playing about with it alot and trying to learn how to use it lol! anyone got one here can give pointers? lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
got an insta360 camera for xmas, been playing about with it alot and trying to learn how to use it lol! anyone got one here can give pointers? lol

@gav525 would use has on the bike a brave bit.

I can’t fault that Innovv K5 I fitted to my bike last year. The 4K footage off the front camera is fantastic, along with the GPS mapping (as long as you remember to turn off the speedo watermark 😂) and even the 1080p rear, which has caught it’s fair share of ‘whoops’ moments with people trying to follow me when I’m in idiot mode… 😂 Permanently mounted and always recording when the bike is on was the selling point for me as I’d never remember to switch a GoPro or Insta camera on, and the likelihood is that I’d forget to charge it/bring it with me anyway…

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

My best advice is get the Ulanzi metal cage and lense protectors! Mine fell off and got run over by a jeep lol, make sure it's proper secure! Don't use plastic gopro mounts, get metal ones!

Apart from that it's dead easy to use, just stick it anywhere then edit it as you like afterwards. It's a great bit of kit!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Finally got the scooter stripped right back. Aim is to clean up all the plastics and also the frame and see if there are any cracks or welding needing done. Aside from minimal surface rust the frame is 100%. Forks out and sliders painted and refitted. Checked for leaks and perishing seals but again everything was 100%.

Next up is to order all the replacement parts, a little bit more painting then start the rebuild,

20230124_200239.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Pulled the GS apart to get the front shock serviced and to remove the springs to get them powder coated along with the crash bars and luggage racks…

229A2DAB-F5CD-40CC-B85C-FFFFCCA0CB41.jpeg

Got caught short by not being heavy/strong enough to push the rear spring down by hand to remove the collar, so had to make a spring removal tool at 11.30pm the other night as I’d the springs booked in with Rust Busters to be done and had to get the shocks sent away the next day to T Tech Suspension in London… Don't know why I do this to myself and leave everything to the last minute… 🤦‍♂️

A4B1EE04-5646-4671-AC05-4CD126B306ED.jpeg

Last edited:

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Was close to buying a 1200 Monster before I bought my MT10. Certainly when you see the pair of them together in the same picture the Ducati is a far prettier machine 👌

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Was close to buying a 1200 Monster before I bought my MT10. Certainly when you see the pair of them together in the same picture the Ducati is a far prettier machine 👌

Out of my friends there are 3 MT10's, a Super Duke R, a V4S and my Monster. My top 3 list would go V4S, Monster 1200R then an MT10-SP. The MT10 is a cracker bike (apart from their crap tank range according to my mates)

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Out of my friends there are 3 MT10's, a Super Duke R, a V4S and my Monster. My top 3 list would go V4S, Monster 1200R then an MT10-SP. The MT10 is a cracker bike (apart from their crap tank range according to my mates)
Oh aye it’s horrendous. Very thirsty bike getting in low to mid 30s to the gallon on a spirited but not flat out ride. Suppose it comes from the fact it’s the same basic engine that came about in 2009 with the Big Bang R1.
Next bike for me is definitely something Italian 🤌

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've always been a Honda man but I'll be forever a Ducatisti now. They're just 'different'

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Pulled the GS apart to get the front shock serviced and to remove the springs to get them powder coated along with the crash bars and luggage racks…

View attachment 386438

Got caught short by not being heavy/strong enough to push the rear spring down by hand to remove the collar, so had to make a spring removal tool at 11.30pm the other night as I’d the springs booked in with Rust Busters to be done and had to get the shocks sent away the next day to T Tech Suspension in London… Don't know why I do this to myself and leave everything to the last minute… 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 386440
Very surprised you weren’t heavy enough to do by hand @Nicky . . . . .

How’s the springs and bars looking? Happy with the colour?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Also been doing some work the last few weeks and of course big thanks to Nicky for helping when I became stuck with a floating bush in the swing arm.

Both shocks serviced and fitted with upgraded pistons, hydraulic preload adjuster serviced, rear subframe blasted and power coated, single piece seat and Touratech crash bar reinforcements. Combined with MAM cylinder head guards it’s now ready for some proper off road use this year.

I’ve now also ended up with a slightly *******ised GS. It was a low chassis model from the factory, but while the shocks were being serviced I had them returned to standard GS height. So it’s a GS Adv but the same height as a normal GS. The only downside being I can’t get it to move backwards at all if the ground is even slightly sloping against me XD.

First run out today -
699C89D0-E25F-4551-AA2E-3342515DEBF5.jpeg

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
not recent but still terrible weather riding!
just done a run to portrush with a few mates

One had to get a screw in the tyre though!

1675073524979.png

1675073554692.png

1675073574144.png

1675073600778.png

1675073625515.png

finally got the top box on the bike, lucky this day i had a battery compressor and repair kit in it lol but roads that bad didnt get using the 360 camera to play with

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Is
not recent but still terrible weather riding!
just done a run to portrush with a few mates

One had to get a screw in the tyre though!

View attachment 386882

View attachment 386883

View attachment 386884

View attachment 386885

View attachment 386886

finally got the top box on the bike, lucky this day i had a battery compressor and repair kit in it lol but roads that bad didnt get using the 360 camera to play with
Is that a ZH2? If so what are they like? Very affordable as a used buy compared to other super naked offerings.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@mikey its my friends, he does like it, its 215bhp at the wheel had it mapped by jack not long ago said it has helped the bike alot!
it is very twitchy in the wet even in rain mode its still powerful

andy9201

RMS Regular
Any recommendations on where to get a motorbike seat recovered? I've got the new cover here just want a proper job done of fitting it. Wanting to replace the red seat cover with a blue one.
IMG_20221112_140547.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Fitted the charger cables to the battery for the trickle charger. Hateful job on the Mondster as the battery is located under the rear shock and has to drop out from the bottom of the bike. Should have just bought the genuine Ducati unit as it plugs into the diagnostic port and charges the bike from there. Would have been as easy at remove the seat, plug the tender in and refit the seat.

20230130_124620.jpg
20230201_000018.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Any recommendations on where to get a motorbike seat recovered? I've got the new cover here just want a proper job done of fitting it. Wanting to replace the red seat cover with a blue one. View attachment 387072

Have you tried a sofa upholsterer? I had a alcantara seat cover for my VFR400 years ago and I had an upholsterer do it for me. They were able to add fresh seat foam too.