What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Fitted the charger cables to the battery for the trickle charger. Hateful job on the Mondster as the battery is located under the rear shock and has to drop out from the bottom of the bike. Should have just bought the genuine Ducati unit as it plugs into the diagnostic port and charges the bike from there. Would have been as easy at remove the seat, plug the tender in and refit the seat.

View attachment 387144
View attachment 387145

The genuine BMW and Optimate (4 onwards I think) chargers can plug into a DIN socket beside the clocks of the GS to charge the battery, which is handy if you’re that way inclined.

Rarely sure

RMS Regular
Drives
old V8
'took the cover of both bikes (first time since mid-Oct), looked at them, thought about seeing if they would start - decided against that, covered them again, and will check about start of April.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
ideally you shouldnt need a trickley charger if your battery is healthy? If your having dead battery issues - probably better to call out a replacement?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Fitted some shiny powder coated springs to the newly rebuilt front shock which just came back from T Tech Suspension, with the rear only having been done by him 6 months ago. Preventative maintenance in this case, rather than curing a problem. At least I know both shocks are good for another couple of years of abuse now.

239262C7-66FB-46AB-B174-299EE085157B.jpeg

C7F96E65-BBF7-4E4B-9D8C-2E35B1ED6B3C.jpeg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thinking I'd love to try an older fireblade sometime. Thinking if I am smart and use a budget of around £4-£4500k and buy the right bikes that won't depreciate I could try a different bike each year with no loss of money.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Thinking I'd love to try an older fireblade sometime. Thinking if I am smart and use a budget of around £4-£4500k and buy the right bikes that won't depreciate I could try a different bike each year with no loss of money.
I bought a totally mint round-light Blade a few years ago and made well over a grand profit when I sold it two years later, so they can make sense. But I do regret selling it. Urban tiger colours hold their money well too, around your budget. The build quality of those 90s Honda's really was good.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I bought a totally mint round-light Blade a few years ago and made well over a grand profit when I sold it two years later, so they can make sense. But I do regret selling it. Urban tiger colours hold their money well too, around your budget. The build quality of those 90s Honda's really was good.
Might start my plan from next year. Would be cool to have tried about 20 bikes by the time I'm 50.

Another years mot, doesn't look too bad for 20 years old
Looks perfect. Definitely better looking than other bikes from then, doesn't look dated at all.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Might start my plan from next year. Would be cool to have tried about 20 bikes by the time I'm 50.

Looks perfect. Definitely better looking than other bikes from then, doesn't look dated at all.

I have had a few 04-07 fireblades and they are fantastic. Fun, bulletproof and still look great today. Still have this 04

received_1669377346423387.jpeg

andy9201

RMS Regular
Going to put my triumph up for sale in the next couple of weeks, still need to service it and get the personalised number taken off. If you know anyone who would be interested let me know. Going to go down the adventure bike route again.

IMG_20220508_104017.jpg

2013 triumph speed triple 1050.
6500miles
Bodywork is Black with alot of Carbon, 2 keys, Belly Pan/Fly Screen/Seat Cowal/Rear Higger/CNC Rear Bolt Tidy/Extended Fly Screen/ GPmoto Carbon Exhaust, Tail Tidy, (Integrated Rear Indicators in to Rear Light)

Carbon Parts
Tail Light Cover
Rear Hugger
Clock Mount
Lower Chain Guard
Heel Guards
Chain Guard
Head Light Bowls
Seat Cowl also but not fitted
Triumph Speed Triple Quick Shifter fitted
Rear Wheel Bolt Tidy
Tank Bag
Probably looking in and around £6500

Reactions: Lee

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
wasnt today, but last week.
worped the front discs so its under warranty and getting replaced but being a ducati parts come from italy
One disc as arrived the other hasnt, they are of diferent sizes

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpg
    IMG_6418.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 38

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
wasnt today, but last week.
worped the front discs so its under warranty and getting replaced but being a ducati parts come from italy
One disc as arrived the other hasnt, they are of diferent sizes

Going to Millsport? Friend of mine had a terrible experience there recently with his MS V4S, both with Ducati being utterly useless at getting the parts over from Italy and the owner of Millsport, Billy.

That’s the problem we have here in NI with only 1 franchise dealer per marquee…

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@Nicky yeh milsport, ive not had an issue with milsport but the fact parts coming from italy take alot of time.
What happened to his?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Nicky yeh milsport, ive not had an issue with milsport but the fact parts coming from italy take alot of time.
What happened to his?

A lot of small warranty issues which took over 6 weeks to get the parts for, along with the rear wheel bearing collapsing and several electrical faults which still aren’t sorted. Apparently the rear wheel bearing is now considered a known fault and has a superseded part which they’re now fitting.

The repairs had all been carried out (or so they said), and then the bike sat at Millsport for over a week as no one thought to ring him and tell him, even though he’d rang twice during that week to see if it was ready yet. Obviously the workshop staff and whoever answers the phone don’t communicate at all throughout the week. Not ideal when it’s his main mode of transport.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@Nicky mines been back for the following;

New Dash
New Fuel Cap (keyless)
Now front discs
New dash was over xmas but when they told ducati the part was out within the week and fitted and got it back, the fuel cap they had one sitting so it was swapped on a day i called up.
Yeh only one thats managing that side is Chris, now hes a lovely lad and good hearted but he does get the brunt of everything thrown at him billy and the son aaron dont deal much at that side and when he goes off it goes mad.

one of the best mechincs left spoon which also doesnt help :worried:

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
got the bike back with new discs etc on saturday... took it out sunday morning to run them back in..... always something!