What did you do to your motorcycle today?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
At 200 that's an absolute bargain for this lid. I paid a bit more than that minus the comms system and I thought I got a good deal. You should have bought it and flogged it 😀

Ollie

RMS Regular
Didnt want to start a new thread but has anyone any recommendations for bike transport? From London back to anywhere in N.I.

Is there a going rate?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
So picked this vespa up for mega cheap from fella in work. Few scrapes but perfect for the bus lane commute 3 days a week.
New rollers, sliders and belt fitted. Spark plug changed and will get the hub and engine oil changed very soon.

IMG_20190627_121848.jpg
IMG_20190730_151313.jpg

Bizizl

RMS Member
Drives
350z
IMG_20190811_112244.jpg
IMG_20190811_112221.jpg

Put it to bed!

..Laid it down, checked out the touch points - where to protect should it go down.

Its proper light too. Axle sliders due. Seen some that replace the existing chain adjusters. Thinking something slightly longer/wider for the rear would be good tho as the exhausts stick out quite a bit.

Reactions: Ben

Ollie

RMS Regular
So picked this vespa up for mega cheap from fella in work. Few scrapes but perfect for the bus lane commute 3 days a week.
New rollers, sliders and belt fitted. Spark plug changed and will get the hub and engine oil changed very soon.

View attachment 247244View attachment 247245

I'm a country lad but I love the idea of a moped for flying about town. Fly through traffic and leave it anywhere.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Up on stands for a real all round clean and begin to play out in my head how I'm going to modify this one to make it my own.

Blasphemy but fat bars and a custom cnc top yoke is o route .....💩
20190820_192849.jpg

20190820_192849.jpg
20190820_193815.jpg

Last edited:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
MOT’d the 1150GS last week, so got all the paperwork away to DVLA to get it registered. Hopefully the don’t **** about with it and it’s a simple process.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
went out on mine for the first time since Feb without it running like ****...its had eveything and i mean every dam thing changed on it to try to solve a splutter and backfire problem and it was??? all over a bloody carb shroud, to long and painfull to tell the whole story but the big girls back on the road at last.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
went out on mine for the first time since Feb without it running like ****...its had eveything and i mean every dam thing changed on it to try to solve a splutter and backfire problem and it was??? all over a bloody carb shroud, to long and painfull to tell the whole story but the big girls back on the road at last.

Fantastic, did you get a new tank?

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
Fantastic, did you get a new tank?
yeah i had that tank made last winter and the problems started the same day i fitted it so the finger of blame got pointed at it, whats the chances of that the very same day lol but after changing
entire looms x3
ecu x3
every swtich god knows how many times
carbs by at least x4
airbox several times.
entire bloody engine x1
clocks x2

i got the race motor rebuilt and tucked up to save it getting miles on it... fitted a good standard donkey which also didnt run?????? it turned out the standard motor didnt like the little cowl that sits below the carbs. once i fitted it and it barely looks any different from the race motor cowl, away it went so refitted the twin fill tank,

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
New exhaust fitted, it's loud lol

Love the class wee details on it 🐒🍌

View attachment 252455View attachment 252456View attachment 252457

You don't know what to be at ffs :joy:. Love the pipe
yeah i had that tank made last winter and the problems started the same day i fitted it so the finger of blame got pointed at it, whats the chances of that the very same day lol but after changing
entire looms x3
ecu x3
every swtich god knows how many times
carbs by at least x4
airbox several times.
entire bloody engine x1
clocks x2

i got the race motor rebuilt and tucked up to save it getting miles on it... fitted a good standard donkey which also didnt run?????? it turned out the standard motor didnt like the little cowl that sits below the carbs. once i fitted it and it barely looks any different from the race motor cowl, away it went so refitted the twin fill tank,

That's painful even to read, I'm sure there were many nights pulling the hair out. At least you got to the bottom of it, and now you have plenty of spares.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Mounted the panniers to the bike last night which took a lot of fannying about and quite a bit of work making the new brackets. I bought the side panniers last year and they came with a rack for an R1200GS, and in my error, I assumed the rack would fit with a small amount of modifying. May as well have been for a Kawasaki ffs. Got there eventually as I was reluctant to spend the £230 for a rack and then a further £80 on the mounts for the boxes considering I had already made latches to lock the boxes on to this frame a few months ago. The wife bought me the matching top box and rack for Christmas, so was adamant these side panniers were going to be fitted too...

C51D2F7A-079C-459B-8E90-E79F1FE5EC22.jpeg

Gave the bike a healthy dose of ACF50 over Christmas and spent a bit of time removing some bits to clean them up and paint them, and although it’s filthy in the pic, it has actually cleaned up very well now. With the miles I’ve put in over the last month or so, it’s now due another service, so I’ll get on that this week too.