What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I understand 😛😛. 2017+ I can see the screen mounting is different to the 15/16

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
When is the good weather due? :worried:

Fair weather rider? 😂

I bought engine bars for the GS off a gent that rode around the world on an R80GS, covering over 55k miles in 14 months starting in 2003... Worth going to his place for the stories alone, never mind getting a great set of Hepco & Becker bars for humble money...
DC7C3B95-E564-49A5-A18C-0BE3DD6A0E18.jpeg

Now need to get the garage doors finished so I can get the bike back in and get the bars fitted, and another dose of ACF50 applied while it’s in bits 😬

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
oops ..

the black firestorm i bought, well i got a good offer from a friend so its going, not sure thats the right thing to do but its going to a good home and i needed the space.

so 2 hours later i gets a call from another mate!!!! i now own his silver one !!!! im not very good at this making space thing lol

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
Fair weather rider? 😂

I bought engine bars for the GS off a gent that rode around the world on an R80GS, covering over 55k miles in 14 months starting in 2003... Worth going to his place for the stories alone, never mind getting a great set of Hepco & Becker bars for humble money...
View attachment 265049

Now need to get the garage doors finished so I can get the bike back in and get the bars fitted, and another dose of ACF50 applied while it’s in bits 😬
Was he the guy Bangor direction who bought an Enfield in India and rode it home?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Ticked off another routine maintenance job, that's me ready for summer :joy:

Coolant changed ✅
Oil Change (pending)

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
started the week with four bikes.
back down to two...

Aprilia passed mot today. thats another years riding.
rolled up on the spondon for a daytime mot 2 hours later. bit of head scratching and looking but got my years ticket on it aswell...

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
New pads f and r, new fluid and everything tidied up. Bike feels great, and booked the 29th stena return if anyone else is heading.View attachment 267843

Ever have any problems with your suspension? My friend recently bought an identical bike and even with his suspension set to the hardest it's very soft. Hes read that there is an issue with suspension in the 1050's and it need all new suspension

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Ever have any problems with your suspension? My friend recently bought an identical bike and even with his suspension set to the hardest it's very soft. Hes read that there is an issue with suspension in the 1050's and it need all new suspension
I have one these although it's the later Sport model but my suspension seems pretty good. (I'm 90kg) Only problem was the shock preload adjuster seizing up. A loosen up with ACF50 did the trick.

I hear about folk replacing the rear shock and possibly using Hyperpro springs in the front and playing around with different fork oils.
On other bikes in the past I've done this with the forks and worked well.
My first (cheapest) step would be fork oil, then a rear shock strip and overhaul (post to somewhere like ABE, approx. £120) rather than just throwing money at it for Wilbers, Ohlins, etc.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I have one these although it's the later Sport model but my suspension seems pretty good. (I'm 90kg) Only problem was the shock preload adjuster seizing up. A loosen up with ACF50 did the trick.

I hear about folk replacing the rear shock and possibly using Hyperpro springs in the front and playing around with different fork oils.
On other bikes in the past I've done this with the forks and worked well.
My first (cheapest) step would be fork oil, then a rear shock strip and overhaul (post to somewhere like ABE, approx. £120) rather than just throwing money at it for Wilbers, Ohlins, etc.

Ta, I'll pass that on

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander

They definitely benefit from a spring/oil and rear shock change, i wouldnt say its an issue, just sh1t

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Imagine leaving your SG8 in for paintwork on warranty then going to collect it and it's being used to build other bikes.

Astonishing