What did you do to your motorcycle today?

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
took a nice big screw out of the back tyre that I picked up last night on the way home :mad: was pissed off with it last night so left it til today. Lifted a set of the rubber repair bungs from Infinity so hopefully that'll patch it so I can get it somewhere to get some new rubber

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
They're the standard Bridgestones that came on the bike and the SX guys don't rate them at all so I was going to change them at some stage anyway. Thinking of going for the Michelin Road 5s as they get good reviews, anyone any experience of them?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
They're the standard Bridgestones that came on the bike and the SX guys don't rate them at all so I was going to change them at some stage anyway. Thinking of going for the Michelin Road 5s as they get good reviews, anyone any experience of them?
My R4s are fantastic allround; wet, dry, feel and wear but it seems the R5s are in another league above. Ready for a change soon so I'll be trying the 5s unless the 4s are a way lot cheaper I'll just go for those again. Everybody on my bike model forum/FB group (tiger 1050) is raving about the 5s.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Managed to get a set ordered with A1 Tyres so fingers crossed it will hold enough pressure for me to get it up the A1 on Saturday morning. I plugged it but it lost a good bit of pressure overnight so hopefully I make it up there without any drama, the mate has a van if I'm stuck

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Managed to get a set ordered with A1 Tyres so fingers crossed it will hold enough pressure for me to get it up the A1 on Saturday morning. I plugged it but it lost a good bit of pressure overnight so hopefully I make it up there without any drama, the mate has a van if I'm stuck
If you have a car you could just take the loose wheel instead of riding the bike.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Took it up to A1 this afternoon and Aaron fixed the puncture no hassle. I'll do some research and decide whether the Road 5s are the way to go, he also recommended the Pirelli GT2 and Metzeler have a new tyre out that is supposed to be good.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
I have a Z1000SX so in the same boat as you, good to know someone with experience of them rates them in the wet too (y)

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Took it up to A1 this afternoon and Aaron fixed the puncture no hassle. I'll do some research and decide whether the Road 5s are the way to go, he also recommended the Pirelli GT2 and Metzeler have a new tyre out that is supposed to be good.

Aaron's a good lad he'll not recommend you a crap tyre.

Lee

RMS Regular
Another vote here for the Road 5s, really good in all areas. I remember being out in very cold and damp conditions and the bike still felt planted.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lap of Armoy today on what should have been race day. Great wee circuit. Also a great blast up the coast, was great til I got the wet patches under the trees 💩💩💩

20200725_131151.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
i stuck a set of road 5s on the dorsoduro last year , iv never had 5k miles outa a rear tyre in my life and they are still going well. id say another 2k il get outa them, iv thrown everything bar the kitchen sink at them and never once had they caused any problems, right to the point of dragging pegs about so il be going with another set no problems, well worth the money.

Triumph Fan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Finally got around to removing the cat from my Tiger 1050. Seems to complement a few other mods I made years ago. Bike feels sharper and more eager to rev. Result!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Currently sitting in A1 Tyres in Dromore getting new boots on the GS. Opted for a Road 5 Trail front and Road 5 GT rear after getting poor mileage from the Anakee Adventure rear.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Where would people look to buy a bike? Looking to put one up for sale so looking people's preferences on where they look to buy.

Thinking gumtree & autotrader.

Had thought maybe motorcycle news also. Don't have bakebook so it's not an option.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Where would people look to buy a bike? Looking to put one up for sale so looking people's preferences on where they look to buy.

Thinking gumtree & autotrader.

Had thought maybe motorcycle news also. Don't have bakebook so it's not an option.

Have someone advertise it on Facebook on your behalf. It really is just about the best place to advertise anything these days. A lot of people don’t deviate from Facebook for anything else these days, so it has the biggest audience you can hope to target.

There’s a lot of dedicated motorbike sales pages and groups on there too with massive daily traffic.