What did you do to your motorcycle today?

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
A bit like yourself I'm just in it for the insurance discounts but I have learned plenty too, roads are a minefield and being on a bike has really opened my eyes. One thing it has definitely done is give me more confidence, also found it when out on the mtb when I do have to be on roads although I avoid that where possible

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
When IAM are looking their £ I'll price it with and without, the membership fee might not be doing a lot for me. £150odd I paid last year and I can't see it getting a great deal cheaper. Might be pleasantly surprised though

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Mine was with MCE but I went with Cornmarket there, pretty much half the price of my first year and they matched the usual extras like helmet & gear cover so be interested to see if I do pass the IAM what it brings it down by

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Mine halfed almost exactly but I was also a year older and had 1yr ncb at the time so it's hard to say how much of an effect it really had.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
The insurance for my Hornet 600 at age 19 was around £800 if I remember correctly. Got Allen’s Honda to fit the 33hp restriction kit, rode her home and removed it straight away. I just wanted the certificate to say it was done for insurance reasons if they asked. Never did mind. 😂😂

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Got my reg yesterday. Hoping for delivery 5th March, or the following weekend. Accessories I ordered haven't arrived and I'd rather hang on until they have arrived.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
I did a bit of digging on the postcode. Mine is in the bottom half of vehicle crime per 100k. Not sure it's based solely on my postcode, probably the surrounding ones too.

Oh, and looking at covers here. Anyone recommend a good one for all year round use outside?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Thought this was funny
FB_IMG_1613812431478.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Another new tyre for the GS today, thanks to A1 Tyres in Dromore. Went for the Road 5 GT again as it was a great tyre to suit the bike, roads and riding. Mileage wasn’t bad from it either

1613880458967.jpeg

Will be going for a set of Dunlop Mutants next as they’re already getting great write ups and aren’t badly priced, even before there’s any manufacturer offers applied.

Lee

RMS Regular
Great looking bikes those, had been looking at them online myself.

The looks of the front actually seem to divide opinion. But if you got a spin on one, you'd definitely want one. Light, fast and comfortable.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Washed her Sunday morning
20210228_031431.jpg

Went for a rip for a few hours with my cousins boyfriend as it was his 3rd time out we took her handy. Got home and boom 😑
20210228_175901.jpg

Didn't even ride enough to get it dirty 🤣

20210228_175915.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
My mate has an identical gsxr, beautiful bike. Would i have seen you in Antrim a good few afternoons last summer. Used to meet on on my way home from work, always waved thinking it was my mate

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
How wide are rear tyres these days 😯
I'm not sure they have really changed much in the last 25 years. A 17" rear on sportsbike typically 180 or 190.
What I do know is, they have got no cheaper. I was pricing a set of Michelin Road 5 today and they are like £255.