What do I need for a 125cc scooter?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm thinking about getting a scooter for the back of the motorhome. I had a 50cc back when I was 16 so I have experienced one before but now I'm a bit older I think I'd like a 125. Do I need to do a test to ride a 125?

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
CBT is a days tuition/assessment on a motorbike. Slow manoeuvres followed by time out on the road. I did mine in England a long time ago, I just booked in and rocked up, they provided everything needed.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Worth checking the back of your licence to see if it says anything for cat A1. (125cc).

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Oh just remembered, if you passed your car test before 2013 (which I'm guessing you did) then you can ride a Piaggio MP3. Not just a 125, but also 300 or 500. In fact, you could probably ride a Yamaha Niken as far as I know!
Might be a bit heavy for the back of a campervan though.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
What does that cost and what does it entail?

Just did my CBT today at Phillip Mccallens in Lisburn. It's a full day, some minor classroom stuff, then round cones etc. in car park for a couple of hours on a 125, then 600 if you're getting on ok, some more classroom stuff followed by 3/4 hours out on the road. Costs £150.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.