What gives better sound?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
What gives better sound? Sub facing into boot or into cabin? I have it boxed in the boot but dont know what way gives best sound. I have it pointing into cabin and when i have it on i put the back of the middle seat down. So what way do you think?

brendy

RMS Regular
i stand corrected, i was under the impression that a port would work better facing the space of the boot, putting it against the metal of the rear seat would give vibrations and distorted bass, no?

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
doesn't matter what type of box it is, the cabin volume and length will affect how a box sounds in a car. This is known as 'Cabin Gain' and is the reason why you can't get good bass in a rag top.
But as Mr Pablo says - it's usually better just to try it different ways if you can, rather than go down the route of trying to calculate what will sound best with equations.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
OP
BurntCarcus
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Yeah its ported. Will try the other way round later, just found someone has keyed the side of my motor :x Both doors on one side, not down to the metal thank feck, fecking losers :x

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
OP
BurntCarcus
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Well after trying it both ways ive found facing into the boot to be the best, sounds far more basey at lower volumes, although up loud there is more vibrating panels lol I think thats the way i will keep it.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
:lol: curse the "quality" and "strength" of our french motors :lol:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.