What home charger and who to install?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Mercedes EQA ordered up and the work scheme is installing a home charger.

Got the call today that because I am in NI I have to organise my own charger install and invoice the company.

What do I need to get and who is good and fitting them?

Cheers

Chris

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
@Woodcutter
@Deezer-D

Anderson looks to be the job!
Yup, Andersen is probably the best looking one out there.
CBDD1CE6-BECF-4D28-8978-5A40B3345A58.jpeg

975DDD64-33C6-4E34-B967-FC61B4221611.jpeg

No need for an earth rod so nice and neat. Cable is hidden behind the faceplate. Good range of colours and you can get timber finishes too.

Got mine installed by
Excellent service and really dead on šŸ‘šŸ»

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
@Crxpete Did a really good/thorough job for me. Linked charger into solar and got the app up and running before leaving.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Did they give you a budget? The Andersen installed will set you back about Ā£1400, other options are available for around Ā£900.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Did they give you a budget? The Andersen installed will set you back about Ā£1400, other options are available for around Ā£900.

@KyleR Our preferred charger to install is the Myenergi Zappi, great build quality and easy to use with solar/timed charging.

As far as Iā€™m aware itā€™s also the only charger currently to offer a 5 year warranty.

A typical install now that the grant has disappeared is around Ā£1200/Ā£1400 inc VAT, this includes the correct RCD and a SPD (Surge Protection Device), many installers donā€™t fit these, if you are getting one installed I would highly recommend that you include this in your design.

Any other questions please donā€™t hesitate to give me nudge

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That's a shame, their charging points do look great - we just ordered an ID4 so I've been looking at these and Andersen was high up on the list.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Hope it keeps working or else Iā€™ve a very expensive letter box!
I never used their app, it was crap, I just use the BMW app. Hoping that the charger keeps working even without the app, but god knows.

I would be near certain it will function ok as a ā€œdumbā€ charger even if they donā€™t keep the servers running for the app control.

It might be the best thing ever as you donā€™t have to worry about them being forced to update your charger to only allow charging at certain times of the day.

Hopefully anyone with one has the ability to control the charging schedules from the one provided by the car.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Literally had an Andersen ordered to be fitted next month lol.

Any other charger recomendations out there? Work are paying Ā£1000 towards it

purplea4T

RMS Regular

I have an Easee charger that was part of the deal with the DS. It's absolutely tiny and not intrusive at all. Saying that, it's not much to look at but the app for it is good and lets scheduling etc.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5

Myenergi Zappi is the one we prefer to install.

Only one currently on the market that has a 5 year warranty and customer support if and when needed are excellent

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Our ID4 delivery is scheduled for April so looking at this now, any recommendations? I take it the previous grant that was in place for these is long gone?

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
We got a complimentary Pod Point Solo 3 with our iPace.
If I'd been paying I'd probably have gone for the myenergi Zappi as we have the Eddi and Harvi as part of our SolarPV.

I was able to extend the warranty on the Pod Point to 5 years for Ā£69
Myenergi extended warranty is Ā£75 for 5 years and if you install two or more products at the same time, it covers them all.

Reactions: Gaz