What product for Pre wash.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What do you guys use as a prewash then,citrus pw or articulate ect .?
I use Articulate prior to foaming and washing the car. Normally I spray articulate on, leave it a couple of minutes then spray ultrafoam over it. Let it dwell then powerhose it off.

Find that removes the majority of the dirt from the car prior to even touching the car by hand.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Citrus isn't good for your car on a regular basis, great for decontamination every few months but its hard on runners etc over regular use.

Articulate from Anachem is unbeatable

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I Never wash the car these days without Articulate.

I usually apply it, let it dwell for about 5 minutes then rinse. I then apply the snowfoam and rinse after about 5 minutes.

Only at this point do I wash it, I've also recently found that applying gleam wash with the foam cannon is very effective.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Didn’t know that about citrus,guess it’s another 5lts of articulate then.im glad I asked now as I was going to Try ez citrus for a change .

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Articulate, if the car is bogging, let it dwell for a few mins then hit it with ultra foam - let the two of them work together if the car is particularly "soiled"

The rinse off

I then foam the car again with a light dusting before washing it - acts as another lubricant barrier to the paint - works for me.

Walder

RMS Regular
In this weather Articulate is great.

About a month ago I had washed, hit the car with the da and waxed it with hamber wax.

It started to look grubby last week so I filled a sprayer up of Articulate before work and on the way home called into the maxol. Sprayed it on threw a pound into the power washer and sprayed it off nothing else and car looked great again, took the dirt and flies off.

Plus it doesn't interfere with the wax etc and strip it off.

But the usual process is like most on here usign anachem products. Articulate then ultra foam.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Didn’t know that about citrus,guess it’s another 5lts of articulate then.im glad I asked now as I was going to Try ez citrus for a change .

That’s if you ever receive it. Apparently EZ have went down the tubes. Products not being as concentrated as before and delivery taking forever.
I usually chop and change between Bilt Hamber and Articulate. Whatever I have on hand. Forensic detailing have BH as the daddy but he also hasn’t ever tested articulate.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Once my BH Autofoam is used up will get some Articulate - so my view at the moment is Autofoam.

Normally 4% Automfoam in a pump sprayer - this ratio for winter/really dirty car - spray on leave for 5 minutes and hose off.
2% in the summer months/ or less dirty car.

Works fine and takes the majority of the dirt off - I am using 2% ratio at the moment - spray on/hose off - and not even bothering washing with a mitt as the weather has been fine.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
loving all the positivity guys

This has made my day

Out of interest have you ever sent some of your products to these detailing guys on YouTube?

Some of them have serious followers, my wife laughs at me all the time saying are you watching someone washing a car again.

I just say, could be worse I could really be wasting my time by watching the Kardashains.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Out of interest have you ever sent some of your products to these detailing guys on YouTube?

Some of them have serious followers, my wife laughs at me all the time saying are you watching someone washing a car again.

I just say, could be worse I could really be wasting my time by watching the Kardashains.

I don't think he needs to, we have built up a nice retirement fund for him from this forum alone 😂😂

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I don't think he needs to, we have built up a nice retirement fund for him from this forum alone 😂😂
Tbh no harm in getting the word out
Ive got a few friends not on the forum to buy stuff
But more sales the better
Suppose it depends on how much you have to give said youtubers

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

i haven’t to be honest as I have been kind of concentrating on building up my business to where it is now with my own warehouse and hopefully a retail front at it soon enough, but now I am focussing on continuing to grow it, and working with Shopify etc. I have so many plans and ideas and goals so i am definitely up for expanding hopefully.

and I have belief in my range, in what I am doing, and trying to do the best job I can, and I owe it all to all of you guys on here who have helped me and supported me from day one.