What product for Pre wash.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Articulate, your best friend for the winter lol. Articulate and foam is nearly all I do inbetween proper washes... Reminds me I need to order some more 👍

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
any recommendations @big_pete? was having a look and zero idea which one to go for.

I want to recommend this product at Amazon

Hozelock Pressure Sprayer Plus 7 Litre (max fill* 5L)
by Amazon
Learn more: Amazon product ASIN B006L6MADC
I use one similar to this, but with Viton seals, and have for the last 3 years or so with no issues in all that time

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I’ll grab the name of mine tomorrow I’ve had it two odd years now and it’s the only one that has lasted the daily abuse lol

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I use a Hozelock also but a different one from the one which Ross has posted.

Hozelock Standard 7 litre Sprayer (max fill* 5L) Amazon product ASIN B006L6M7EO
Though I’m saying that over the last few weeks I have just been putting a small amount of Articulate or Surfex HD in with my foam and applying that way.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
IK9 is the best on the market IMO.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Walder

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp

Quick question as at present I have a few cheap 2l sprayers from homebase and are still going strong for probably 2 years now.

But how many litres say of Articulate made up should it take to cover say and estate e car? As I find 2 is enough but then I wonder am I putting on a thin amount on the car

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I use the handheld hozelock but it never sprays a mist, ever with Articulate, always a jet which is a PITA

Any other product mists :worried:

8123kt87XfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp

Quick question as at present I have a few cheap 2l sprayers from homebase and are still going strong for probably 2 years now.

But how many litres say of Articulate made up should it take to cover say and estate e car? As I find 2 is enough but then I wonder am I putting on a thin amount on the car
2 seems to be more than enough mate.

I'm unsure as to how much I'd put on my van etc. but as long as all the panels are covered with enough product to give a nice even coverage, then thats enough mate!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I use the handheld hozelock but it never sprays a mist, ever with Articulate, always a jet which is a PITA

Any other product mists :worried:

8123kt87XfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That’s the same one I use to apply articulate, seems to work.

Robert

RMS Trader
I use one of these for pre wash;

Not the largest capacity, but has stuck articulate dead on for a couple of years and has a really good adjustable spray.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Oh it works but just comes out as a jet - I have turned the end nozzle both ways as well, maybe I am putting too much in and its too "thick"

I never realised it was meant to be applied as a mist to be honest, when I said it worked I just meant the articulate seemed to be doing what it was meant to even though it wasn't being applied as a mist to the car.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Use Articulate through the exact same sprayer. Had it a couple of years and just had to replace the seals in it this week. You actually get the spare seal with it when you buy it.
I have the spare seals in my toolbox the handle on my articulate one was leaking the last time I used it but it turned out it was just loose.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Looking for peoples mix ratio when using Articulate? Used it for the first time yesterday, and know I got the ratio wrong - didn’t really foam or cling to the car at all. I was somewhere in and around 40:1, which was obviously to weak.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Looking for peoples mix ratio when using Articulate? Used it for the first time yesterday, and know I got the ratio wrong - didn’t really foam or cling to the car at all. I was somewhere in and around 40:1, which was obviously to weak.
40:1 should really be more than enough at the minute.
It’s not really a foamy product so don’t worry about that. As long as it’s sprayed evenly it will work better.
If you’re not getting enough bite at 40:1 try it 30:1 but please no stronger.

I have my citrus degreaser ready for sale now so you could try it instead as a per wash but this absolutely must be used at no more than 40:1 and do not allow it to dry

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I use articulate at 60 or 70 to 1 and seem to get good results I’ll make it a touch stronger coming into winter when the salt starts.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP

I’m using it at 50:1 at the moment and would throw in about 20-30ml of Lazer into a 5L sprayer for added bite whenever the roads get really bad. During the summer I’d dilute further to 70:1/80:1. Little goes a long way

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
I've found articulate to be more than enough even in winter. 60/70 to 1 still seems to do fine with hybrid/ultragloss regular in-between washes

DSC_4218.JPG