What quick detailer?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I bought what seems like a small tanker of Sonax when the first offer was on. It's good but almost seems like more of a spray wax than previous quick detailers I've used over the years. That's not a bad thing though, just a bit different when using it.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We have just got a new silicone free Quick Detailer in, it's called Speed Gloss and is made by a company called Roar.

£17 for a litre bottle, apparently it's awesome. Haven't tried it yet but we had so many requests for it that we had to bring it in to stock.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Always use Meguiars and highly recommend it.

Got some sonax but feel it's very thick of itself when applied. Really hard to get off or something.

neil-c

RMS Regular
I'm a big fan of Sonax BSD- really for the beading but it gives a good shine as well. Only thing is you have to be careful not to use too much as it can leave streak marks. On detailingworld they always argue about whether it should be classed as a sealant rather than a detailing spray.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Adams Detail Spray, Best around for me, but everyone will like different things! Meguiars is good too! I always thought Ross @Big Pimp should make an Anachem one, be a great seller

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Ive had to hand polish 2 black cars due to the sonax leaving a streaky finish over the whole car, I thought maybe I left it on too long, so next time I sprayed it on while the car was still a bit wet, then chamoised it dry, same again, next time I sprayed on then wiped straight off...same again lol, dont use it anymore as I cant be ****ed with the hassle and it dulls the whole car down when it does this. Mostly likely me at fault but still, **** sonax lol. I should have a bottle or 2 lying here if anyone was interested...

Last edited:

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
I use Sonax on a 2/3 sprays per panel basis and it works extremely well. Bought it from ECP last summer for less than £5 per bottle and it only just ran out at Christmas time. Great stuff.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I've been using Auto Finesse Glisten. Almost using it as a drying aid.
Seems ok to me if you don't use too much.

Bronk

RMS Regular
Ive had to hand polish 2 black cars due to the sonax leaving a streaky finish over the whole car, I thought maybe I left it on too long, so next time I sprayed it on while the car was still a bit wet, then chamoised it dry, same again, next time I sprayed on then wiped straight off...same again lol, dont use it anymore as I cant be ****ed with the hassle and it dulls the whole car down when it does this. Mostly likely me at fault but still, **** sonax lol. I should have a bottle or 2 lying here if anyone was interested...

try spraying it onto a microfibre and apply that way

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport

Chamois could well be your problem. Proper cloths make a huge difference. My method of using it is one small spray per panel depending on size etc wipe in with one microfibre cloth and buff with another

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Adams Detail Spray, Best around for me, but everyone will like different things! Meguiars is good too! I always thought Ross @Big Pimp should make an Anachem one, be a great seller
There is a fella on Audi-sport and he mixes the Adams detailer and sonax into bottle and said it's best stuff he's used. Loads other have tried it too and recommend

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Sonax BSD here too. Though if I want a near wet look gloss shine I go for the Finish Kare Ultra Slick Poly wipe. Gives a fantastic finish for little to no effort.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.