What wash mitt and drying towel

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
As title looking to buy a new wash mitt and drying towel, looking something decent that’s not going to be a waste of money. What does everyone recommend?thanks

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've been using the Meguiars wash mitt and their waffle style drying towel, but I've not gone to a more plush 1000gsm towel from Britemax that was free with a Rupes machine.

I find both are more than good at their job, but interested to see what other use as a wash mitt.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I use the Microfibre Madness Incredipad XL and for drying I now use Gtechniq MF4 and Liquid Elements Silverback XL.

Last edited:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
https://www.exceldetailingsupplies.co.uk/klin

klin korea are getting really good reviews

personally I dont like waffle weave towels for cars paintwork-

I use a selection from in2detailing- namely the drynasaur & the big drinker & also their korean towels are fantastic

1 tip I would recommend is use a good drying aid along with it, Sonax BSD is the best IMO- Spray onto wet car and use your drying towel, It makes it so easy & the beading is incredible,

it also leaves behind a layer of protection ;)

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
https://www.exceldetailingsupplies.co.uk/klin

klin korea are getting really good reviews

personally I dont like waffle weave towels for cars paintwork-

I use a selection from in2detailing- namely the drynasaur & the big drinker & also their korean towels are fantastic

1 tip I would recommend is use a good drying aid along with it, Sonax BSD is the best IMO- Spray onto wet car and use your drying towel, It makes it so easy & the beading is incredible,

it also leaves behind a layer of protection ;)
Be wary of Anachem Articulate on a car with Sonax BSD , it made a bit of a mess on mine. Though its still to be confirmed. I love Sonax as a drying aid :cool:

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
+1 for Klin! Have their large duo drying towel and it's crazy how much water that thing soaks up. Makes drying the car fun haha

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
what happened? I use both products regularly together on alot of cars and no issues so far
It looked like it stripped the wax off plastics and wiper arms and roof. Articulate was only thing different to my was routine. Ross is investigating , thinks its the Sonax being striped off

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Yeah, it’s something I’ve never seen before @euge07
@CharlySkunkWeed sent me pictures where it looks like the finish has been affected and he has told me the only thing different was the inclusion of articulate in a wash process.

I have our chemists working on them at the minute to see can they find a reason.

As I explained to charly, we have been manufacturing and supplying articulate for over 20 years and very little has changed in the chemistry of it in all that time. I have used it at varying strengths including neat to test its effectiveness and chemical properties and never in all that time have I ever seen it strip wax like what happened with Adams car.

For the record, articulate is completely safe for use on all vehicles. This is the first problem in over 20 years I have ever heard of, and whilst it is being handled by me and our chemists, I am sure this is a one off occourrence which has it yet been explained.

The fact that @euge07 has been using both with no ill effects makes it all the more strange.

Anyway, back to the topic of drying towels, I offer these in my range:

Washing & Drying Collection

And if you look very carefully, you may notice a lot of similarities in my wash mitt, and the market leading gTechniq wash mitt ;)

I can give you any advice on anything you wish.
The UltraPlush is just that - the thickest pile and softest drying towel on the market. It does get heavy though
The big yellow is brilliant. Not as soft as the UltraPlush (but is still lovely and soft and won’t marr) but is unbelievably absorbent
The UltraWaffle is more suited to glass etc. but I’ve used it on bodywork and it doesn’t marr, but some people don’t like the waffle weave finish on paintwork

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t be overly impressed with gtechnic at the minute ,or maybe I just got a one off occurrence also .

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Yeah, it’s something I’ve never seen before @euge07
@CharlySkunkWeed sent me pictures where it looks like the finish has been affected and he has told me the only thing different was the inclusion of articulate in a wash process.

I have our chemists working on them at the minute to see can they find a reason.

As I explained to charly, we have been manufacturing and supplying articulate for over 20 years and very little has changed in the chemistry of it in all that time. I have used it at varying strengths including neat to test its effectiveness and chemical properties and never in all that time have I ever seen it strip wax like what happened with Adams car.

For the record, articulate is completely safe for use on all vehicles. This is the first problem in over 20 years I have ever heard of, and whilst it is being handled by me and our chemists, I am sure this is a one off occourrence which has it yet been explained.

The fact that @euge07 has been using both with no ill effects makes it all the more strange.

Anyway, back to the topic of drying towels, I offer these in my range:

Washing & Drying Collection

And if you look very carefully, you may notice a lot of similarities in my wash mitt, and the market leading gTechniq wash mitt ;)

I can give you any advice on anything you wish.
The UltraPlush is just that - the thickest pile and softest drying towel on the market. It does get heavy though
The big yellow is brilliant. Not as soft as the UltraPlush (but is still lovely and soft and won’t marr) but is unbelievably absorbent
The UltraWaffle is more suited to glass etc. but I’ve used it on bodywork and it doesn’t marr, but some people don’t like the waffle weave finish on paintwork

It made a right mess of my car too, unsure if was product or application method, wasn’t me who washed the car. But it really messed up my paint finish and headlights needed wet sanding, rest of the paint came up with a bit of cutting back.

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
what happened? I use both products regularly together on alot of cars and no issues so far

Thankfully it buffed up after a pass with the DA but just shows, things can go wrong. The headlights required wet sanding.

016311ED-FDBA-4534-B396-02BBA1AECC67.jpeg
A7162255-05AB-4EA4-A00F-DA6BB7B03667.jpeg
B28DFA2D-F72C-4060-BA61-DDD95CD9D514.jpeg

Attachments

• FACA0BBE-09B7-44F4-8095-0114795EF994.jpeg
    FACA0BBE-09B7-44F4-8095-0114795EF994.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 64

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That looks like it’s been allowed to dry out completely. Many products on the market will cause the same issues.

Possible. But just shows ya need to really give the products a bit of respect with use, drying, direct sun etc.
Personally in all my years of cleaning I’ve never used much more than a bucket of bubbles, usually meguires nxt. No snow foam. No funky spray pre clean etc. Even the alloys usually get just what’s left in the bucket after a body wash, my cars are always as clean and as presentable as any too

RevT

RMS Regular
Possible. But just shows ya need to really give the products a bit of respect with use, drying, direct sun etc.
Personally in all my years of cleaning I’ve never used much more than a bucket of bubbles, usually meguires nxt. No snow foam. No funky spray pre clean etc. Even the alloys usually get just what’s left in the bucket after a body wash, my cars are always as clean and as presentable as any too

I’m pretty much the same but I know from working in a motor factors and dealing with eejits using various products we sold they had the same issues after leaving stuff to dry.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Would rather not derail the thread but i never let it dry or left it on long or made it too strong, in fact i actually diluted it more AND spritzed it with the hose after application. I'm sure Ross will get to the bottom of it.

Maybe continue the discussion in the Anachem thread.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I don’t use a drying towel for drying the entire car, mainly just use one for patting dry any excess water drops after hitting it with the blaster but the Ultra Plush is superb.
I have the Big yellow also, not as plush but very soft and really absorbes the water.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Has anyone ever tried a cordless leaf blower ? Its just they're £50 odd and if they were powerful enough they'd be dead handy.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Anachem MF mitt is fantastic, our best seller my a mile.

Fireball Twist or Fireball Pin Towel drying towel, best i have ever used. I'll have them back in stock early next week.

IMG_3003.JPG