What wash mitt and drying towel

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Has anyone ever tried a cordless leaf blower ? Its just they're £50 odd and if they were powerful enough they'd be dead handy.
I know a few who have tried leaf blowers and didn’t get on with them. I’ve one of these granted it’s more than £50 but I wouldn’t be without it now

MetroVac Air Force Blaster

These look suspiciously similar - don’t know how it would perform vs the Air Force blaster

2800W Stepless Speed Dog Cat Pet Grooming Hair Dryer Hairdryer Blaster Blower B 3230733607802 | eBay

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I know a few who have tried leaf blowers and didn’t get on with them. I’ve one of these granted it’s more than £50 but I wouldn’t be without it now

MetroVac Air Force Blaster

These look suspiciously similar - don’t know how it would perform vs the Air Force blaster

2800W Stepless Speed Dog Cat Pet Grooming Hair Dryer Hairdryer Blaster Blower B 3230733607802 | eBay
It was more the cordless aspect i liked. I have a corded leaf blower but never tried it on car.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
How do you dry ,with a blaster sort of thing ,leaf blower in other words .

I have the 4hp Air Blaster and the hand held unit - a towel never touches my car unless I'm wiping the sills

s-l225.jpg

AirForceBlaster-B-3V.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
I use a dryer as well and it's great. Mine is the Aeolus pet one whatever it's called. Researched a lot when buying and this seems to give the best balance of performance and cost. Can dry a whole car with it especially if it has hybrid on recently as the water just blasts off or just use for wheels and cracks and crevices if you want. Great addition to the detailing armoury.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Normally use a Carbon Collective ltd edition towel which I believe maybe from the Klin stable.... and the Metrovac Sidekick Blaster for water traps.... Megs wash mitts aplenty though I have a few alternative wash pads from GTechniq and EZ..... also use a blue sponges type towel from Davy at Procar for sills and doors as it’s much more absorbent for getting the last of the water off

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Just recently started using this:

IMG_6682.jpg

Only got it to get water out of the nooks and crannies where it would run out driving after a wash however its proved so good I now use it to dry most of the car. Towel barely has to touch the car now.

Ultramitt does a great job for me.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Anyone else use a leaf blower or the likes? Have been using the Titan hoover that blows but the power isn’t great and co constantly moving the cable around is a PITA

Been looking at the below;

DEWALT DCM562P1-GB 18 V XR Brushless Blower, 1 x 5 Ah, Yellow/Black Amazon product ASIN B012LB7TSQ

Price has went up from 167 - 174 since last night

RCT

RMS Regular
Anyone else use a leaf blower or the likes? Have been using the Titan hoover that blows but the power isn’t great and co constantly moving the cable around is a PITA

Been looking at the below;

DEWALT DCM562P1-GB 18 V XR Brushless Blower, 1 x 5 Ah, Yellow/Black Amazon product ASIN B012LB7TSQ

Price has went up from 167 - 174 since last night

I’d save up and buy one of the big boi’s same as what EF Ian has posted above. I got one earlier in the year and find it a great job. It coupled with filtered water makes cleaning a lot easier. My trucks mirrors hold a lot of water and they glare at night if water spots and stuff are on them. So I’ve had little issue now with the water and the blaster.

colin84

RMS Regular
Is it not just easier rinsing using a water filter? Rather than the time spent with a towel or blower?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I use the Vyair filter for rinsing but still like it dry. Thing is about that one @RCT its the cord/hose that puts me off, imagine a cordless would be much handier..?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
With all the talk of blowers is it worth sourcing a blower unit to dry the car or get a small compressor, with the blower attachment least it could be used for more than the sole purpose of drying the car??

RCT

RMS Regular
I use the Vyair filter for rinsing but still like it dry. Thing is about that one @RCT its the cord/hose that puts me off, imagine a cordless would be much handier..?

I don’t find it too bad. The power cord is very short so you need an extension cable all the time anyhow, but the green hose reaches a fair bit. I looked at a few before investing and that particular one isn’t too noisy and the fact the front wheels swivel makes it easy to go round the car. I think the mega blasters had 4 one direction wheels and that would do your head in moving round a vehicle. Maybe they’ve changed now, I’m not sure. There might be better things on the market now, but this machine does a job that I’m happy with.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I bought a cheap hand held blower off Amazon and then ended up buying a 10m extension lead and wiring that in to the blower to get a proper lead to do the car with

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
With all the talk of blowers is it worth sourcing a blower unit to dry the car or get a small compressor, with the blower attachment least it could be used for more than the sole purpose of drying the car??

Possibly yeah. There aren’t many trees around me so not too many leaves to blow so it would be a 1 trick pony, again, it’s finding something with no leads, I’ve a gravel drive too so pulling something on wheels around wouldn’t be ideal

zafturbo

RMS Regular
My Leaf blower Is total balls at drying the car .total waste of time .its now used for wait for it , “lifting leaves “ .

RCT

RMS Regular

You can do yeah, but you’d need a fairly large tank. My workshop at home has 3 phase and I’ve a 150litre compressor, but I’d still prefer to dry my vehicles with the blower. Not as noisy as compressed air and the compressor going in the back ground. Even you didn’t buy a new one I think you’d be better buying a good used machine for the job. I’m not sure if all do it, but the one I have heats the air too for drying, which isn’t the case for compressed air and isn’t 💯 dry unless you have a water drier system on it similar to what body shops use.