What waterproof case for phone/nav?

cupraricky

RMS Regular
My last bike I had a tom-tom rider sat nav, brilliant bit of kit, however sold it with my old bike.

New nav is like 300-500 depending on model etc etc. Don't 'tour' as much as I used too. Thinking of just using the smart phone for nav so looking to see if anyone has used or uses cases and what theyd rate?

Seen the givi S957B (gets good reviews but isn't technically waterproof) :

Then saw the ultimateadons kits (waterproof and "RIDE best buy") :

Any experience / suggestions appreciated.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
My last bike I had a tom-tom rider sat nav, brilliant bit of kit, however sold it with my old bike.

New nav is like 300-500 depending on model etc etc. Don't 'tour' as much as I used too. Thinking of just using the smart phone for nav so looking to see if anyone has used or uses cases and what theyd rate?

Seen the givi S957B (gets good reviews but isn't technically waterproof) :

Then saw the ultimateadons kits (waterproof and "RIDE best buy") :

Any experience / suggestions appreciated.

Is your phone not water resistant? I'd imagine most of the good ones these days would protect themselves from a decent amount of rain fall.

Couldn't recommend a case though unfortunately

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
Is your phone not water resistant? I'd imagine most of the good ones these days would protect themselves from a decent amount of rain fall.

Couldn't recommend a case though unfortunately

I think it's probably slightly resistant but not great, got some water in it before when I got drenched on a road trip, took days to dry out and work properly again. Would prefer to keep it much drier to ensure reliability.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Had the Givi one on a Honda Crosstourer and never had any bother with rain getting in.Mate bought a cheap one for a fiver out of Lidl and swears by it.Says it's totally waterproof.He regularly rides in all weathers and has had no bother with it.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
Had the Givi one on a Honda Crosstourer and never had any bother with rain getting in.Mate bought a cheap one for a fiver out of Lidl and swears by it.Says it's totally waterproof.He regularly rides in all weathers and has had no bother with it.
With the givi one did u use the rain cover or just the case as is?

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Just the case as it was.Got caught out in a few heavy showers and the phone was grand.Probably be different if the bike was parked up and the rain was just pissing down on it but any time you park up you would be taking the phone with you.Nevre got any soaking while riding through rain.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
Just an update decided to go with the givi case. Great piece of kit, well made, good and secure locking system.

Downside with the layout of my bars it's not fit for purpose.:sob: Came from Italy so return postage is rediculous, so if anyone is interested in a new, unused givi smart phone holder gimme a shout.