What x7 seater that isn’t a MPV/SUV

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Yeah, I know!

So I’m looking at Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life’s - I see Ford do a Tourneo version and wondered if there’s another option out there I’m missing?

She doesn’t want a traditional 7x seat people carrier or a Jeep

Deffo wants something that still has a decent sized boot behind the rearmost seats

Budget 10k or so

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yeah, I know!

So I’m looking at Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life’s - I see Ford do a Tourneo version and wondered if there’s another option out there I’m missing?

She doesn’t want a traditional 7x seat people carrier or a Jeep

Deffo wants something that still has a decent sized boot behind the rearmost seats

Budget 10k or so
Unlikely to be in that price bracket, well not a Vauxhall version anyway, but we have a Vauxhall Combo Life XL (yes it’s a mouthful lol). It’s a seven seater and being the XL it has a slightly larger boot than the normal version which is 11in shorter in overall length than the XL.
B46C146D-837D-4C62-85A0-AB352A597E7E.jpeg

It’s based on the Peugeot Boxer van so there’s bound to be an older Peugeot or Citroen version that falls within your budget.

KevM

RMS Regular
You sit in the boot in an E Class.

If its space you want, you need a Hyundai i800, but then, thats an MPV.

A Proace Verso would be another good wee wagon, but they're hard to come by

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yea ignore my comment, it’s a MPV but so are the Toureno and the Caddy Maxi Life.

I don’t believe there really is a modern 7seater that isn’t an MPV?

Do they still make 7 seater e class’s?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Sister has an I800 and its a great job, takes 8 and can just wheel buggies right in still up. Handiest bit is being able to walk from the front into the back. Or one of the jap import Nissan's, can remember who on here just bought one maybe @Al.em.see ?

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
OP
Laundrymike
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
You sit in the boot in an E Class.

If its space you want, you need a Hyundai i800, but then, thats an MPV.

I Proace Verso would be another good wee wagon, but they're hard to come by

Thanks - will look into those

Yea ignore my comment, it’s a MPV but so are the Toureno and the Caddy Maxi Life.

I don’t believe there really is a modern 7seater that isn’t an MPV?

Do they still make 7 seater e class’s?

The VW and Tourneo are vans with seats and windows!

I’ll take a look at the Vauxhall

Sister has an I800 and its a great job, takes 8 and can just wheel buggies right in still up. Handiest bit is being able to walk from the front into the back. Or one of the jap import Nissan's, can remember who on here just bought one maybe @Al.em.see ?

Have had my fill of old Jap scrap - but thanks for the suggestion! Want something fresh (ish) so I don’t have to spend what little free time I have spannering it!
E class not an option?

Don’t really want a big estate either😆

What I really want is a 3 year old VW Caravelle for 10k…but I know that ain’t happening!!

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Anything 7 seater is Jeep / SUV / MPV, very little choice in the 5+2 market. I look after a Corolla Verso 2.2 D4D, great week car and was £600!

Peugeot 308's came in a 7 seat variant too, newer C-Max as well or an S-Max if you don't want to go full Galaxy, but really anything 7 seat doesn't have boot space, unless as said you go proper MPV, i800 / Transit Toureno(sp) etc

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
@Jbridges522 yes picked this up recently. We wanted something we can adapt to a day van but also be a daily people mover and so far well pleased.

I had originally looked at VW Transporters and the like but anything under £10k (even up to £15k) was generally rusty, moon miles and very basic where this is pretty well specced, low miles with good Nav, built in DVD, auto doors, auto gearbox albeit CVT but I kinda like it for well within budget!

Up to now I've used a multimac which is fantastic bit of kit and would highly recommend. I have mine for sale in the classifieds any anyone is welcome to check it out too. Expensive bit of kit it seems but once you work it out it is good value especially used.

IMG_20210926_200152.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Unlikely to be in that price bracket, well not a Vauxhall version anyway, but we have a Vauxhall Combo Life XL (yes it’s a mouthful lol). It’s a seven seater and being the XL it has a slightly larger boot than the normal version which is 11in shorter in overall length than the XL.
View attachment 337017
It’s based on the Peugeot Boxer van so there’s bound to be an older Peugeot or Citroen version that falls within your budget.
Giving her a mouthful would have saved the need for that vehicle...

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Thanks - will look into those

The VW and Tourneo are vans with seats and windows!

I’ll take a look at the

The Vauxhall is a van with seats and windows as well. As I said before it’s a rebadged Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Dispatch. I can’t remember what the “people carrying” versions are called by them respectively but they were made in previous incarnations to the acquisition of Vauxhall.