Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

r14ull@gmail

RMS Member
Drives
981Cayman
Used that MOT NI - Automatic Cancellation Booker site on another card (just to be safe) anyway, booked it initially on the 25th of May and the closest date I got was 17th of July. MOT is up on the 5th. Put my details onto the site this morning. Just got an email there from DVA confirming my booking for the 6th. £5 spent. Can't beat it. Here's hoping!

How you doing guys, I made this web app!

Cheers for the good reviews, glad it got you all sorted!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
How you doing guys, I made this web app!

Cheers for the good reviews, glad it got you all sorted!

The cynic in me didn't expect it to work as well as it did, but it was perfect. Excellent idea. I'd be curious to know how it works, if you have time to drop me a very quick PM? I work in IT and just wondering :grinning:

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
The cynic in me didn't expect it to work as well as it did, but it was perfect. Excellent idea. I'd be curious to know how it works, if you have time to drop me a very quick PM? I work in IT and just wondering :grinning:
He's not going to tell you the secret sauce :p

r14ull@gmail

RMS Member
Drives
981Cayman

Glad to hear it.

I had the MOT problem also a few weeks ago, so I originally just built it for myself but anyone I told about wanted it. But it basically works like there is a person doing it for you but just in python. Then a php/mysql backend to keep everything in line!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Still no bother here 8o|
image.jpg

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I booked 3 appointments today, all for the start of September, but could have had a choice of 2 for today and all day Sunday in coleraine.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Does anyone else think there is a whiff of a manufactured disaster about this whole MOT? I was listening to the radio thismorning about it and got this mmmh, I don’t believe what they are saying feeling but I haven’t a good explanation why.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If I get an appointment for say 7.30 and rock up at 710, 9 times in 10 I get in about 7.12.

I usually arrive 10-15mins early...and get called 5-10mins late.

Not sure how they manage that...as quite a few times I've been first in the queue

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Just got the wifes car re booked there now in Larne for 22nd August, MOT up on 23rd, previous was 4th Sept.
There are a few available for August now in Larne.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Well I’m just back with my dads 73 celica, it only went and passed! No advisories whatsoever, lovely girl up in Armagh tested it, super friendly and had an actual intrest in the car too!

Forgot my phone so no ramp shot :-(

Very few cars there at all, not many testers either!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I got my reminder letter today. Current MOT doesn't expire until the 22nd September.

At least they're on the ball with notifying you early.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I got my reminder letter today. Current MOT doesn't expire until the 22nd September.

At least they're on the ball with notifying you early.

Then you should probably book now to get a date around then 😂 when I looked two weeks ago early September were the dates available

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I MOT'd the Integra last week in Mallusk. Very quiet. The guy I got did the usual emissions and brake checks, asked where I got the car etc and told me to take a seat.

I fully intended to get a sneaky ramp photo but was answering some WhatsApp messages, look up and car is off the ramp. Thought, oh balls, he's found something seriously wrong, calls me over and says "did those guys in England underseal that for you?“ and proceeds to say it was so clean underneath he didn't need to spend as long on it. Chuffed with his comments, stood chatting for another 10 mins (it was nearly 8pm but deathly quiet).

Just need get back to a stage where I can just drive it and enjoy the car again.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Well I’m just back with my dads 73 celica, it only went and passed! No advisories whatsoever, lovely girl up in Armagh tested it, super friendly and had an actual intrest in the car too!

Forgot my phone so no ramp shot :-(

Very few cars there at all, not many testers either!

Haven’t read up but would it be exempt being over 40 years old?