Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

KillerJim

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 / TVR
You just need to keep checking every few hours; mornings are the best for cancellations..

Managed to get the TVR in within 48 hours of fixing the power steering :laughing:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I need an ASAP MOT and I've been checking all morning. Got from 23 June down to 1st of June. What a pain.

Need some sort of software developed to snipe NI MOTs.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Ah, just got lucky; this Wed in Coleraine! And a whole day of times to pick from.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Booked mine today, 22nd June in mallusk. Will have to try for a cancellation.
If anyone’s really desperate, enniskillen is about 3 weeks or more ahead of everywhere else.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
right so heres one.....

Mini MOT due 15/06, booked an appointment for 18/05 on the 10/05 and got the following warning.

Your test certificate is not due for renewal until 15/06/2019.
If you select this date you will lose any existing credit on your certificate.
If you wish to retain your credit clock back and select a later appointment date.

I took this as meaning my current MOT so void until i hopefully pass on saturday the 18th....have i interpreted this correctly?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Nope it just means you forfeit what remains of your current 12 months between 18/5 and 15/6. If it passes, you get a fresh 12 ticket from that date. If it fails, you cant claim that you still have a month of your 'old' ticket that covers you. A fail is a fail. Unsurprisingly.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
Nope it just means you forfeit what remains of your current 12 months between 18/5 and 15/6. If it passes, you get a fresh 12 ticket from that date. If it fails, you cant claim that you still have a month of your 'old' ticket that covers you. A fail is a fail. Unsurprisingly.

Excellent!!

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
I got my MOT reminder 5 weeks ahead of time, with a 6 week lead time at Craigavon.....

Motorbike one arrived Saturday, got an appointment for next friday. Go figure.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
For anyone looking one at short notice, pretty much the whole of Monday is free at Craigavon. Checked earlier and it wasn't so they've just released them.

Snapped one up as the next one anywhere is the beginning, by which point I'll be back at work ffs. Disaster of a system.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
There's definitely a shortage of availability, which means the whole system is under-resourced and over-stretched.
I am right in the middle of Cookstown, Craigavon and Armagh (so plenty of choice) - and I've still had to visit Lisburn and Newtownards in the last few weeks to get dates less than a month away. It hasn't slacked for a long time, so it's not just a seasonal thing or a blip.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I got my MOT reminder 5 weeks ahead of time, with a 6 week lead time at Craigavon.....

Motorbike one arrived Saturday, got an appointment for next friday. Go figure.
Could have had mine in there any day next week 😂 The "For the NW" rush must be over

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I just had to wait on the date allocated for putting the sons car through last week.
I weighed in 3 mornings in a row, then rang Larne centre direct for a few days, looking a cancellation without any luck.
The strange thing was....every time I asked for a cancellation, the girl on the desk and phone kept telling me, "it's not cancellations, it's an extra man".

I asked what happens when someone cancels then ? To be told they are not put back into the system for about 2 weeks.

Eh ? It was always a cancellation for the last 30 odd years I've been MOT'ing cars n bikes.
I smell bs.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
For anyone looking one at short notice, pretty much the whole of Monday is free at Craigavon. Checked earlier and it wasn't so they've just released them.

Snapped one up as the next one anywhere is the beginning, by which point I'll be back at work ffs. Disaster of a system.
Disaster of a system totally. Sure they’ve only got it as they know the garages would be handing out mots for back handers like nobody’s business.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Earliest date now for Craigavon is 20 July, booked it anyway but confident (hopeful) I'll get an earlier date

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Earliest date now for Craigavon is 20 July, booked it anyway but confident (hopeful) I'll get an earlier date

There were a good few dates today when I was refreshing the page, but no times that suited me unfortunately. Few came up in lisburn and mallusk also. I'll be trying again tomorrow morning

mpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
RB320
Does everyone not know when their MOT expires? I know when mine is so booked a few weeks in advance. Plenty of availability.
The wife's Tiguan is due its 1st MOT on the 15th of July
The earliest date we can get is the 20th of July
Never seen it as hard to get an appointment before.
7 week waiting list is more than a few weeks in advance

Reactions: Ben

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56

^o)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just this very minute booked one for Craigavon tomorrow morning at 8am. I’ve been refreshing since 9am to be fair, and missed the first 3 as when I selected them and pressed next, by the time the next page loaded they’d gone ffs.

Pain in the hole, but just takes patience