Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Had my mother’s car in on Tuesday got mot the fellow doing it said there were 12men in working on bank holiday Monday all on double time but only 6or 7 in that Tuesday a normal working day. Chasing the pound if you ask me

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Got one for this morning in Craigavon.

Logged in and all dates in local centres were end June/mid July. Refreshed a couple of times and times from 10-12 appeared in Craigavon. Clicked one and it was gone.. Refreshed again and back to July dates. Couple more refreshes and some more for 10-12 appeared.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Just happened to check my wife's car's MOT expiry yesterday, up on the 30th July. Checked for appointments in Craigavon and the earliest was the 24th July!

Good job I checked!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Booked two last night for 11th and 15th July. Haven't even got reminder yet, crazy!

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Just through there. 4 cars including my own, 2 already at the final checkover. No queue. Why the hell is it so bad?

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
If you just keep checking on-line at various times throughout the day you will get an appointment.

I got mine yesterday afternoon but I was surprised however when I arrived up at 4.30 to find not one other car waiting in any lanes and only one motorbike inside the halls, no other cars at all. Guy told me it was tea time................

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Passat mot'd today shortly after 17:00 and it's still showing as no mot on the database. Car is sorned and I was hoping to tax it online and use it tomorrow.

Not the end of the world as I wasn't depending on having the car on the road but in this modern age you'd think the database would update instantly instead of the 'up to 5 days' they say it might take.

I guess Rhys from Swansea might have accidentally switched off the server at quitting time on Friday.

Last edited:

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
Off topic but my friend has just bought a car from scotland, mot is up next month and when trying to book it in it says they have no details of the car on they're system. Anyone know what it could be? Is it just because the car hasnt been registered here yet or what?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Like a ****ing tube, I let my MOT lapse and got done for having no MOT yesterday on my way home from work

MOT booked yesterday evening and MOT’d by 6pm this evening.

I’ll not ****ing forget next year.

RevT

RMS Regular
Off topic but my friend has just bought a car from scotland, mot is up next month and when trying to book it in it says they have no details of the car on they're system. Anyone know what it could be? Is it just because the car hasnt been registered here yet or what?

It has to be registered on MOT system. Ring the MOT line and explain that you’ve just bought it in Scotland and that you want them to add the details. Make sure you have the tax book in front of you though.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Mine is due 9th July, best I can get is the 20th, checked couple days now and its sitting at 27th (Lisburn)

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Like a ****ing tube, I let my MOT lapse and got done for having no MOT yesterday on my way home from work

MOT booked yesterday evening and MOT’d by 6pm this evening.

I’ll not ****ing forget next year.
Out of curiosity Dave what was the penalty? Just there seems to be a lot of misinformation regarding it in this thread so would be good to hear first hand.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR

The Department of Infrastructure has said additional staff are being recruited and “urgent consideration” is being given to the possibility of opening testing centres on Sundays for a limited period of time in order to address the current backlog.

DUP will be getting their knickers in a twist about this

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
The Department of Infrastructure has said additional staff are being recruited and “urgent consideration” is being given to the possibility of opening testing centres on Sundays for a limited period of time in order to address the current backlog.

DUP will be getting their knickers in a twist about this
Maybe some sort of rhi deal would sort that, free mots for dupers.

Ridiculous they still don’t trust garages in Ni to do them.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Only £60 in NI
£60 if I’d known that I’d never have bothered with all that welding on the 9000. I’m sure this could be an excuse for car insurance companies not to pay out, yes the police may give leniency if you’re out of mot but they might not.