Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

vezna

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
My MOT isn’t due for about 8 weeks but it certainly wasn’t giving me anything before or on my due date. I just persevered going back and forth in to the search screen and it occasionally flagged up some totally random dates out of nowhere. Eventually got one for 6 days before my due date. Never really saw anything much appear for weekends though.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
Received my reminder letter yesterday 21st June, letter dated 3rd June... That's useful!

Just jumped on and booked the 19th August for the Jag. Only problem is it's due on the 22nd July...
Here we go for a cancellation!

Clearly they can't cope, despite opening longer.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Received my reminder letter yesterday 21st June, letter dated 3rd June... That's useful!

Just jumped on and booked the 19th August for the Jag. Only problem is it's due on the 22nd July...
Here we go for a cancellation!

Clearly they can't cope, despite opening longer.
Loads just on for 22/23rd in Cookstown... a long long drive for you though.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Thx

Got one in Cookstown on 10th July then one appeared in Craigavon next Sunday so changed it again. 🙂

Will keep searching for one closer to home 🙄

Mind me asking how you get a cancellation or check, had a ****ing disaster tonight, little celiac due at 18.50 and all was good, or so I thought until I checked the horn and rear brake light, NOT WORKING....... AGHHHHHHHHH!

Eventually traced it to a clamped horn wire by the bumper holding bolt which I must have caught when putting the bumper back on! Too late to get to the mot so I missed it!!

This cars really getting on my tits now :-(

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
With the way dates are, I'd have gone and taken the fail as it's easier to get a re-test date.
Was through with the wife's freelander on saturday, bloke got me out of the car right at the start and then sat in it for a good 5 minutes looking at his phone. Went through the rest of it, had a chat to his mate at the ramp and then sat in the car outside the door on his phone for another 5 mins. Aye, they are flat out like, totally horizontal lol. No rushing about with that lad anyway. Another one had 3 cars done in the time it took for mine to go through so they are not all like that.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
With the way dates are, I'd have gone and taken the fail as it's easier to get a re-test date.
Was through with the wife's freelander on saturday, bloke got me out of the car right at the start and then sat in it for a good 5 minutes looking at his phone. Went through the rest of it, had a chat to his mate at the ramp and then sat in the car outside the door on his phone for another 5 mins. Aye, they are flat out like, totally horizontal lol. No rushing about with that lad anyway. Another one had 3 cars done in the time it took for mine to go through so they are not all like that.

I sat outside in the MG for 20 mins past my appointment time while they chatted to each other and some mate in the jeep in front of me. Every other bugger was through and away long before me.

I make no apologies if you are reading this and are an MOT Tester, there is absolutely no way you are any where near as busy as the appointment system suggests.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Mind me asking how you get a cancellation or check, had a ****ing disaster tonight, little celiac due at 18.50 and all was good, or so I thought until I checked the horn and rear brake light, NOT WORKING....... AGHHHHHHHHH!

Eventually traced it to a clamped horn wire by the bumper holding bolt which I must have caught when putting the bumper back on! Too late to get to the mot so I missed it!!

This cars really getting on my tits now :-(

Ha you got the one just as I was clicking on it. And you didn’t keep it 🤨

RevT

RMS Regular
Just booked one, two FULL months away, 24th August earliest. I’ll try keep an eye this week and see if I can get a cancellation.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
27th Aug was the earliest I could get, was there not talk of them allowing you to drive the on the basis you have an mot booked?

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
Something on Nolan about that this morning but I missed it. Seems they will uphold the Law and you'll be done for no MOT even though the System is broken...:rolleyes:

Got another cancellation in Lisburn for 20th July, so that'll do me.
Allows time for a service and MOT check and I can drop the Mrs to Sprucefield for a bit of shopping while I'm away. Brownie points banked

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
There are plenty of cancellations popping up, you just need to keep checking as much as it's a pain in the ass.

I was through Boucher on Sunday and the guys were very busy and have to say I didn't notice any slacking.

Had another one through Ards last week and wasn't as busy there.