Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
As long as it's legit..... Bit dubious about giving out power to change your booking.
The domain has only been registered 12 days. Does anyone know if it's legit or if they hit you with a charge once they find a slot?

RevT

RMS Regular
Just booked one, two FULL months away, 24th August earliest. I’ll try keep an eye this week and see if I can get a cancellation.

Managed to get one today for the 16th of July luckily enough.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
The domain has only been registered 12 days. Does anyone know if it's legit or if they hit you with a charge once they find a slot?

Yeah noticed that myself....
Seems odd if they don't charge for the service.

When you change your booking you are allocated a new booking ref number. So you could be held to ransom for that.... your original booking is gone!

Not to be the pessimist but.... lol

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Someone in my work used it. They requested anything after the 13th July and got the 15th July straight away.
Maybe it’s free until it gets popular then they will start charging?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Currently into September now, I managed to get the impreza a cancellation for July 18th but will keep trying for an earlier one

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Had another one up today in Lisburn, still not much of a rush on there. Guy that did it really looked it over though which made a nice change.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
A load for sunday the 7th July released there now for Belfast, got one but they seem to be snapped up in seconds!

hippyross

RMS Regular
I'm just back from mot in ARDS and was talking to the tester, he said they counted 26 no shows on Sunday

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
2300 appointments not attend in the past month and people are complaining they cant get appointments, that's enough work for more that 76 inspectors, break that down to centres and that's a full days work for 8 centres!

So there is part of the problem, that's a days extra work for a centre of 9 inspectors that's needs re-booked on top of an already congested system X 8!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
2300 appointments not attend in the past month and people are complaining they cant get appointments, that's enough work for more that 76 inspectors, break that down to centres and that's a full days work for 8 centres!

So there is part of the problem, that's a days extra work for a centre of 9 inspectors that's needs re-booked on top of an already congested system X 8!

I wonder is this actually no shows or is it people/companies moving appointments on at the last minute so that they always have slots if they need at short notice?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I wonder is this actually no shows or is it people/companies moving appointments on at the last minute so that they always have slots if they need at short notice?
Actual no shows, appointments cannot (read as shouldn't) be moved within 1 working day of the appointment but even if someone would override the system an appointment is filled again in seconds.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
If you take the 32,000 missed appointments last year and split it per 12 months then 2300 not showing up last month is below the average anyway.

They're just releasing the figures to try proportion blame to customers rather than their system

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Got 2 cancellations for this Saturday and Sunday when originally it was to be September. It just takes a wee bit of checking the slots at the right times.

There seems to be a terrible attitude to things like MOT appointments in this country.....ah sure **** it ill just take my chances and see if I get caught

colin84

RMS Regular
Got an appointment last Sunday in Larne. Arrived ten minutes before my appointment and was out the door before my appointment time.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Should have a system that actually allocated your appointment time and date 2 months in advance and before current test expires. with a fine for a no show, fine avoided by re-scheduling with 1 week minimum notice.

Or something.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Or what my dentist does.

Email reminder three weeks before my appointment and a text a number of days before the appointment asking me to confirm I am still going.

I put my MOTs into my Google calendar with a reminder the day before but that requires the onus on the person booking the appointment to do this. I imagine that with booking an MOT 7-8 weeks in advance, some are clean forgetting about it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Agree that there should be some sort of reminders sent by text or whatever, some people will be just forgetting about the appointment.