Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Got a date a week after my expiry, will look online for cancellations, I've a second car so not as hard done by as those who don't have the luxury of a second car.

I don't even think last year I got a date before my expiry first go so it's not exactly that new of an ordeal.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Wife's Citigo is up on Thursday evening in Lisburn. Shouldn't fail on anything, but in the event it does, what is the wait for retests like, much the same?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Had both my cars through there at the weekend in Lisburn great service and the fellas were 100%, fair play to them working a Sunday as well.

I've always found them to be great at Lisburn. I brought a golf through for retest and I'd stitch welded a patch in the sill instead of seam welding it. I hadn't welded a car in years and stitch welding was accepted years ago if it was not structural. I didn't know the rules had changed but if I'd have bothered to read the fail sheet properly it actually stated it needed seam welded.

Fella was 100%, just told me to get it seam welded and he passed it. Wasn't structural so great to see common sense.

Reactions: Ben

pablo

RMS Moderator
I've always found them to be great at Lisburn. I brought a golf through for retest and I'd stitch welded a patch in the sill instead of seam welding it. I hadn't welded a car in years and stitch welding was accepted years ago if it was not structural. I didn't know the rules had changed but if I'd have bothered to read the fail sheet properly it actually stated it needed seam welded.

Fella was 100%, just told me to get it seam welded and he passed it. Wasn't structural so great to see common sense.

bet you never seam welded it lol

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I always try to get Lisburn, bit of banter with them and most of them seem to be interested in anything nice that comes in.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Mine went through downpatrick on sunday as ards had nothing until mid september and asked the tester about the new sunday testing and he explained that its optional for the staff. if they have enough willing to work that sunday then they will open the date up otherwise the centre stays closed. good to hear they have the option if they want to work it or not.

Gemma

RMS Regular
A whole pile of appointments available Ballymena for 13th July!! It looks like the whole day is empty!! Free from 8am to 2.25pm

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I got one on that MOT-NI website, before he started charging. Everything looks above board, I checked with DVLA and it all seems to be legitimate. Brought it forward about a month to a date in the date I had specified.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Got my reminder yesterday, MOT up 2nd Sept, earliest I got was 9th Sept. Hopefully i'll manage to get a cancellation.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Went to book there. Needs to be Ards for handy sake.

7th sept date. Entered my details and accidentally clicked ‘back’ instead of ‘next’

Had to rechoose a centre, clicked Ards and 11th July at 7.55pm popped up as a cancellation lol

Thank you very much!!

Gemma

RMS Regular
Five series is due 19th September, Lisburn is now sitting at 11th September, I booked it last night and got 10th September! This is getting abit mental

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
There’s loads of cancellations on a daily basis, just need to be checking at certain times, although they do pop up randomly at anytime of the day aswell, there will be a good few this fortnight I would think as this place empties and a lot go in holiday

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
I booked last night and got 13th sept. Then today managed to get a date for today. If you just keep refreshing you will get one in time.

kippermoon

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 rs/impreza r
I booked last night and got 13th sept. Then today managed to get a date for today. If you just keep refreshing you will get one in time.

do they swap the dates for you,or is it a case of paying for a new one and getting a refund on the original appointment ?