Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I MOT'd the Integra last week in Mallusk. Very quiet. The guy I got did the usual emissions and brake checks, asked where I got the car etc and told me to take a seat.

I fully intended to get a sneaky ramp photo but was answering some WhatsApp messages, look up and car is off the ramp. Thought, oh balls, he's found something seriously wrong, calls me over and says "did those guys in England underseal that for you?“ and proceeds to say it was so clean underneath he didn't need to spend as long on it. Chuffed with his comments, stood chatting for another 10 mins (it was nearly 8pm but deathly quiet).

Just need get back to a stage where I can just drive it and enjoy the car again.

Mine was the same, I had 5 MOT guys standing round my engine bay admiring all the powder coated bits etc :joy: the only exception being at the very last minute he found a loose track rod end 🤦‍♂️. Was raging as the rest went so smoothly. He didn't even bother knocking all round the bodywork for the usual crusty sills. Re-test was done in 2mins (y)

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I see Stenaline are offering this deal for people who don’t mind travelling to Scotland for an MOT...

37D1EBB8-9C4C-4F25-AEFF-17A048B091A3.jpeg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Or fails on the diesel smoke test alone which they don't do here. That would be a right kick in the Henry Halls.
Don’t do yet. It’s a good test, don’t see anywhere near, if any at all reeky sh1te dervs about. Wouldn’t pass with illegal plates either.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Heads up - I just booked the MOT for my camper van because I didn't even realise it was only 10 days left on it due to no reminder but there are a lot of appointments available for Sunday the 18th of August in Craigavon at the minute.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I went online on Friday when my reminder went through, selected Newtownards and there were 20 available slots before the due date.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Up to 14th October last time I looked booking one for my car.

Was looking the other day and 10 came up for that same afternoon. Wish I’d have had the car with me that day 😂

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
MOT on my car is due on October 9th - checked just now and the nearest times in my local MOT centre is 19th October.

Looks like I may go to Omagh or Ballymena if they are any better.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
If you mot it a few weeks before the due date do you get 12 months or 12+the remainder? I remember when I had the astra years ago I mot'd it early as I was going on holidays and effectively ended up with 13 months mot when it passed. Not sure if that was just a mistake/fluke though.

RevT

RMS Regular
If you mot it a few weeks before the due date do you get 12 months or 12+the remainder? I remember when I had the astra years ago I mot'd it early as I was going on holidays and effectively ended up with 13 months mot when it passed. Not sure if that was just a mistake/fluke though.

Yep 12 months plus whatever the extra is up to a maximum of 28 days.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Anyone offer any advice?

Had an mot for tomorrow 19th, changed it today for the 24th instead, it let me do it and all seems ok. Was looking at the email for the 19th appointment and it states, this appointment cannot be cancelled? Is changing to a different date ok then?

The email came through for the new test and all seems grand.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Do you not need to give a few days notice before cancelling ?

edit, on form here it says 1 full working day.

So for a Monday test you'd need to have cancelled on thursday or friday ?

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Anyone offer any advice?

Had an mot for tomorrow 19th, changed it today for the 24th instead, it let me do it and all seems ok. Was looking at the email for the 19th appointment and it states, this appointment cannot be cancelled? Is changing to a different date ok then?

The email came through for the new test and all seems grand.
Your email seems to say it’s ok, here is a link about it Change your MOT/ vehicle test appointment online | nidirect

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Loads of dates available last night when I booked the daughters car in newtownards.got one for tonight as she had been ringing unknown to me every morning the past two weeks to Larne centre and constantly told they had no dates yet I know there is an extra man most days the past two weeks lol.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
This reminded to book mine. Mines up on 2nd November, soonest available was 17th October in Craigavon, not too bad but still I'd waited until the reminder letter I probably wouldn't have a date before it's due straight away.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
This reminded to book mine. Mines up on 2nd November, soonest available was 17th October in Craigavon, not too bad but still I'd waited until the reminder letter I probably wouldn't have a date before it's due straight away.
Daughter booked in early July and got 14th September .just told me last night about hers being up on the 10th and she would have to get the bus to work for 4 days as she wouldn’t drive her car without it .i checked them last night and ards us loads ,know where else had any showing .could of got her a date in my local centre if she had of told me about it within a couple of days .

simy

RMS Regular
The whole rebooking thing is quite exciting, especially when you get a date that suits perfectly, ie a Saturday evening. Managed to get a spot before my tax and insurance run out too.

r14ull@gmail

RMS Member
Drives
981Cayman
Used this yesterday - got date within my preferred week about 2 hours after signing up. Worth a fiver to save my time and queue jump 6 weeks of wait! Nice tool.
Cheers!

@r14ull@gmail Just realising that's your silver Porsche I see fairly often in the same car park spot - when I'm stopped at the lights I tend to look for it!
lol yes mate, spotted! That space lets me park with loads of space either side and is usually always free!