Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

brendy

RMS Regular
Decided on wednesday at 6pm to look for a date, got ards (nearest centre too) same night at 7.55pm, dunno what all the fuss was about! I turned up at 7.30 and I was done and out by 7.50.
They did fail the 5 series all the same but at least it was swift. Btw rear driverside rearmost balljoint, wtf even is that?

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Picture or link to part?😀 06 530d
Screenshot_20190920-224651.jpg

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Cheers matey, Mot guy mentioned having to replace the arm but I couldn't think what he was on about, I thought it would be less involving than that. He had one other guy over yanking the rear offside wheel like he was trying to beat it into submission.
No worries. I'm out of the parts game about 6 years but from what I remember it's not uncommon on BMWs. Euro or other local parts places should be able to sort you out easily.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
Ards is quiet today. Son got taken 20 mins early

I’m sitting in the sunshine watching the testers on their phones waiting for him to pick me up. 🤔

big cyril

RMS Regular
Was due at Ards this Thursday, got a phone call today to say it won’t happen as there is going to be a strike.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
What's the average timeframe for getting a reminder through the door? Mines up in 4 weeks so hoping one comes through this week, otherwise I'll be trying to book with the V5

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Does anybody know if mot-ni.co.uk still works?

Need to book a retest and earliest I could get is January.

Tried to put in my booking details and it says details failed.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Both my cars have been extended until June and July next year. The GT86 was due this month but according to the government site it's now due June 2021 (y)

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Mine is still showing as January 18th. I'm hoping it gets 6 months, I don't fancy bringing it out on the salted roads every year to get it MOT'd.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Mine is still showing as January 18th. I'm hoping it gets 6 months, I don't fancy bringing it out on the salted roads every year to get it MOT'd.

I've one due mid Jan, still no extension
Another due mid Feb, still no extension.
Daily car had been extended last June, it's now due May 2021

Current work van would have been due mid Feb...been extended to June.

Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it all.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
MOTs are a joke at the minute, the worst thing you can do is speak to them on the phone as they have less clue than you do. Luckily I have contacts at the centres, otherwise my head would have imploded months ago in work.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Looking to bring the forester out again and can't get a date in Downpatrick or Lisburn. Was hoping to at least get a date to make me get my finger out and motivate me to get her ready

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Just checked mine, was due at the end of Jan, now showing on the MoT checker website as end of July 2021. Happy days.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I phoned last Monday morning, got straight through to speak to a human, got a slot for same day, choice of times, I took 18:10.
Quick trip to the sponge wash and....pass. Easy.