Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Did you do the new keeper thing at the dvla site when you sold the car? You should have received a written confirmation.

Make sure they don't still have you as registered keeper!
Sold it to a dealer last Oct. Nearly sure I got the little slip in the post saying I was longer the owner but can't 100% remember.

Tried to do that on the dvla website this morning but it won't recognise the NI v5 as it has an extra number in the reference number.

Bloody car was sold down near the border in the hope I'd never see it again (hate seeing my old cars being treated badly etc) but I've seen it twice now in Belfast ffs 😕

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Give dvla a call to sort it out. You could be liable for all sorts of stuff if they still have you down as registered keeper.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Reaaaaaaally!
20211016_193054.jpg

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Try the website around mid-morning & lunch. I got a letter today and checked a few times, ended up with a choice of 3 for tomorrow (y)

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Will do. All the test centre's bar Coleraine had no space until Jan 22:joy:

I’d the same thing, with MOT up at start of Nov. Was glad to see new appointments pop up and the new style booking website means less clicking in and out of multiple sites - actually quite handy & surprising for a .gov effort!

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I don’t mind the new website, looks a bit basic but does the job.

I’ve had no issues getting dates. The past few weeks I’ve been able to get dates for the same week, some even on the same day!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Took my daughters car to Coleraine on Friday evening. One other car being tested when I got there despite seeing at least 6 test staff. Also was the fastest MOT ever!
There were another 2 or 3 cars arrived while I was there but certainly not packed out by any means.
And it passed 👍

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Going to try and book an MOT for the wifes car and my own this morning - wish me luck!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Haven't read this thread in a while so apologies if it's been covered lately.

Are there still extensions being applied to some cars? Was sure I got the A6 MOTd in January this year so went onto the mot check website while at work and it came up saying its not due until June 2022, got home from work and checked the previous mot cert and it was done on the 17 Jan 2021.

Do I go with the June date or the Jan date for my next mot?

Dave..

RMS Regular

Are there still extensions being applied to some cars? Was sure I got the A6 MOTd in January this year so went onto the mot check website while at work and it came up saying its not due until June 2022, got home from work and checked the previous mot cert and it was done on the 17 Jan 2021.

My van was extended for another 6 months.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

Yea mine was due 12/21 and is now 05/22

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R

Mine was due 24/01 and now it's 24/06 and gf's car was due 28/02 and is now 28/07.

We're going with the later dates as I'm assuming they're this to help get through the back-log

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Go with whatever expiry date it says on the DVLA website.

They've never sent out letters about extensions, but they do still send out reminders when you are due. So if you haven't got a reminder letter, and the DVLA site says it's still valid, then just keep on motoring.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I tax by direct debit on monthly, and it was about to auto-cancel as my MOT had expired. Thankfully got an MOT just at the end of the month and then the Tax DD continued.

This happened me this morning.. MOT out and Tax but taxed this morning even tho no MOT but thankfully MOT is on Sunday.

56oval

RMS Regular
This happened me this morning.. MOT out and Tax but taxed this morning even tho no MOT but thankfully MOT is on Sunday.
Tried to tax mine this week, no joy, mot booked for Jan 22 in Ballymena by the p.o , managed to get a slot for this afternoon in craigavon.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
My wife’s is due on 15th Feb so after seeing this thread decided to book today (earliest I can as it’s now 3 months away.

There’s plenty of appointments from mid Jan on in Newtownards so as long as people are organised they should get an appointment no bother.