Whats happening with licensing atm?

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I wanted to pick up with my bike license where I left off - unfortunately, my theory expired in May this year. I tried to rebook it but it just keeps telling me to add a valid license number.

Does anyone know if theory tests got expanded the same as vehicle tests?

I did my CBT I think it was August 2018 - if this is still valid - Can I redo my CBT and does that negate the need to redo my theory?

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
I have my cbt done and passed my theory couplr of weeks ago, have booked the off road practical test and paid fof it but havent been told a date yet, waiting on them ringing me back to tell ne

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Where you able to book your theory online? Everytime I try to rebook I get the below which is why I'm wondering if they've extended the theory/CBT's in line with vehicle licensing?

1595399113909.png

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Where you able to book your theory online? Everytime I try to rebook I get the below which is why I'm wondering if they've extended the theory/CBT's in line with vehicle licensing?

View attachment 288279

From memory CBT should be valid for 2 years. I believe I read somewhere your theory should get an extension due to COVID-19

EDIT:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200722_140943_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722_140943_com.android.chrome.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 74

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Yep CBT vaild for 2 years, if full test not passed you have to do it again.

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Thanks @cupraricky - Confirmed with Ians earlier that it'll be extended by 8 months from the original expiry date. I've booked with them to go next Friday to redo my CBT with them as the other guy I did it with I never really got the confidence needed.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Thanks @cupraricky - Confirmed with Ians earlier that it'll be extended by 8 months from the original expiry date. I've booked with them to go next Friday to redo my CBT with them as the other guy I did it with I never really got the confidence needed.
Who'd you go with previously just out of curiosity?

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Tony at Ballymena Motorcycle training. He was a great guy - real friendly and all. I'm just a short arse and he does not have any lowered bikes! If he did I'd go back and finish up with him as hes a real nice guy. Just found the taller bikes intimidating as it was the first time on a bike...

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
I'm coming from Crumlin so Ballymena/Portstewart and even Ians in Newtownards is a bit of a jaunt. The reason for hitting up Ians is I know 3 lads who did their bike test with him and he has a good range size of bikes (y).. as I said if Tony had different sized bikes I'd be with him as he's a great lad and his teaching methods got us on the road pretty quick.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I'm coming from Crumlin so Ballymena/Portstewart and even Ians in Newtownards is a bit of a jaunt. The reason for hitting up Ians is I know 3 lads who did their bike test with him and he has a good range size of bikes (y).. as I said if Tony had different sized bikes I'd be with him as he's a great lad and his teaching methods got us on the road pretty quick.
You try the place in Lisburn near the MOT centre!? RTS I think it's called. Myself and 3 or 4 mates went there.

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
So fighting with DVA to try and get this extended.. waiting for the back-office staff to call me back as it's not showing on the main system apparently.

Frustrating as Ian wants me to get on the MOD1 list as he thinks I'm ready.

I Will update if I get a resolution...

Also just to add to say Ian is a gentleman. Would recommend for anyone who is nervous and his lowered bike is epic. Also, he has stabilizers... I have pictures if anyone is interested.