What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Turbo body, as in wide body. No intakes and the rear intakes are blocked off with plastic
The rear heckblende gives the C4s something the turbo was lacking. Looks especially amazing in guards red. That and the obv price diff makes the C4s my fav :yum
94F57DBA-F4C3-46C6-ABB4-F57730DC6D6B.jpeg

Jecks

RMS Regular
Was very close to buying a guards red c4s years ago at j&f group. Test drive taken, price agreed. Salesman then tells me it’s been hit previously.
Not long after wife was pregnant again and that was that.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Does the 911 C4S of that shape have the IMS and RMS bearing issues? Will most have been sorted now and once sorted is that them for life or it a reoccurring problem?

Must actually read up on them, it's an itch I want to scratch and can't quite afford a GT3 yet

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Does the 911 C4S of that shape have the IMS and RMS bearing issues? Will most have been sorted now and once sorted is that them for life or it a reoccurring problem?

Must actually read up on them, it's an itch I want to scratch and can't quite afford a GT3 yet

@richie_mck has an awesome one for sale with @moglie at Performance Cars NI if you're on the look out @gav525 .

I wouldn't discount the 996 Turbo either, that Mezger engine is bomb proof. @RickyB has a beautiful black manual one in stock.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I took independent advice on the ims bearing and was told it was the usual internet storm in a tea cup and not to worry. The bearing is approx £1k to do but it would seem most people are fixated on buying a rough car that has it done rather than a good car and getting it done themselves, 1k is hardly breaking the bank when you’re buying a 20k+ car. I’m thinking of just getting mine done for the sale. Lots of examples on the Facebook forums of people’s cars in excess of 200k on the original bearing

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Few wee black bits added like the front lip and that would be perfect. Love them in red.

Also spied this too not sure how I feel on it being all white but the mods are interesting ... Watching Keith's thread has made me dream over these lol

Reactions: Ben

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I sometimes think she loves her car more than 1 of the children! She doesn’t want to change it.

A Golf and a Boxster wouldn’t cut it, need something larger.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives

IMs, Rms and borescore wher the reasons I sold mine, gaz from hartech in England will tell you all you want to know, ims and Rms you can semi sort but bore score is a more expensive issue, if you’ve the money to sort it and you like the car then the 996 is a good buy, they are 10/15k cheaper than the 997.2 for that reason.

My money will always go on the 997.2 esp with easier resale in mind.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
IMs, Rms and borescore wher the reasons I sold mine, gaz from hartech in England will tell you all you want to know, ims and Rms you can semi sort but bore score is a more expensive issue, if you’ve the money to sort it and you like the car then the 996 is a good buy, they are 10/15k cheaper than the 997.2 for that reason.

My money will always go on the 997.2 esp with easier resale in mind.

I've been watching Gen2 cars and they're not selling very quickly, most are for sale for months and months. I think they're overpriced and prices are beginning to come back a bit.

I'd really like a nice 997.2 C4S manual, sports seats and PSE.